How to Get Arrest Records in Maryland?
In Maryland, arrest records help to get arrest history of the people as an official summary. It explains whether a person has been questioned, apprehended, placed in detention or taken into custody. It is also essential to get information in the case of charges or accusations for a misdemeanor, a felony, or other kinds of offenses. The arrest records are recorded under police arrest records.
The police arrest records enlist different types of arrest circumstances such as domestic disputes, DUI/DWI, business-related, trespassing, assault and battery, the drug-related, outstanding warrant and anything which is against the law and someone is suspected for doing that. A judge or a magistrate of the local and state jurisdiction issues and signs an arrest warrant. An arrest warrant is used to authorize law enforcement officers to enlist the named person within custody. The police can arrest an individual without an arrest warrant when he or she commits an offense in Maryland within the presence of an officer.
Procedure to search arrest records
Any citizen can get knowledge about conviction and arrests. This public knowledge is available online. The criminal history, which is related to arrested records, is important for different purposes such as when an employer hires someone for his or her company or when a parent chooses a new babysitter, and so on.
Anyone can find an arrest record by searching criminal records in Maryland and you can search by following the easiest way of online. You will have to follow the steps below for searching criminal records.
- You will reach the website of the Maryland Judiciary Case.
- Access to court records is controlled under the Maryland Rules for accessing court records. You should read the agreement. By clicking on the agreement box you can show that you are agreed. It will help you to continue the process.
- You will have to enter the case number of the desired criminal record when the case number is known to you.
- Otherwise, you will have to submit the last, middle and first name of the accused person to search criminal records. You will have to select the court system, the county and case type.
- You will have to mention the type of case for which you want to search.
- You can mention the date range to make short the procedure.
- You should click on the search option to get information.
- When you want to start an arrest record search, you will have to mention the person’s name and select state within the above-mentioned form. If you want to get an official copy of arrest records, you will have to contact the police office where the person was arrested.
- Starting from arrest records, you can make cross-references regarding many fields of information or data to find out the correct records of the right person.
The different arresting agencies in the United States are as follows.
- County Police: The county police agencies handle most of the arrests cases such as drug offenses, DUI/DWI, theft and robbery, and domestic disputes at the county level. In Maryland, the police of the specific county, where the crime was committed, handles the case. When a person commits a serious offense, the federal police agency takes the charge for a special investigation.
- Federal Police: All of the officers of the federal police services under the DOJ (Department of Justice). Their services include FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigation), DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency), ATF (Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms), DHS (Department of Homeland Security), US Marshals Office, and Federal Bureau of Prisons.
- State Police: The police agency of the state-level handles specific investigations to operate under the supervision of the Attorney General authority within the state of Maryland.