Find Out How a Date Background Check Can Help You!
It seems that a match made in heaven is getting harder and harder to find these days; with a multitude of dating websites and dating apps, finding that special someone is supposed to easier, but reality shows the opposite; whether it is online or offline, getting to know someone that's a good fit for you is sometimes an impossible task. Add to that the fact that many people lie about who and what they are, and you end up with a whole lot of frustration and not a whole lot of love. So, what can you do about it? how can you find out right of the bat if the person that you want to date is truthful? Well, the answer is pretty simple, and it lies with a dating background check that you can perform whenever you want to save yourself time and avoid heartache.
Online Dating Statistics
Before we dive in on how a date background check can help you, we should put some things in perspective when it comes to online dating – one of the most popular dating methods;
- As of 2019, there are more than 7,500 online dating websites online
- More than 49.7 million Americans have tried online dating websites
- It may come as a surprise, but men use dating sites more than women; approximately 63% of U.S. online dating members are men
- The average amount that online dating website users spend is $243 a year
- More than 50% of American online dating websites users have lied on their online dating profile
- Most Tinder users in the United States are looking for a serious relationship on the app
- Approximately 50% of online users end online relationships through email
- One in every 10 online dating profiles is fake
- People who are online predators commit 100 murders, 16,000 abductions, and thousands of rapes a year
How to Protect Yourself from Potentially Harmful Dates?
Whether you want to date someone that you met online or in person, it's important for you to protect yourself. Dating someone who is not honest with you may end up in emotional or physical harm, and that is why it is important to perform a date background check on the people that you're thinking about going out with.
A dating background check is a check where information from official records is collected, which means that is impartial and accurate. Public records are records that are collected and maintained by official authorities, and they are made public thanks to the Freedom of Information Act in the country. So, when performing a date background check, you will get information about people that they might not tell you themselves.
What Information Will You Find in a Dating Background Check?
When performing a date background check, you will get the following information about the person that you are searching:
- Marriage records – records that will let you know if the person in question is married and lying to you
- Divorce records – records that will let you know if the person that you are searching was once married
- Birth records – records that will reveal the age of the person in question so you can find out if they are lying about their age
- Contact information – phone number and additional contact information registered to the name of the person in question
- Criminal records – a detailed account of the crimes the person has been charged and convicted with
- Full name – the full and real name of the person that you are searching
- Aliases – other names that the person in question is using
- Sex offender registry – information about whether the person in question is a registered sex offender
- Social media information – social media accounts that are registered to the name of the person in question
Why Should You Run a Dating Background Check?
There are many people out there who lie about themselves to get people to go out with them. In the dating world, there are the small white lies that people tell because they don't want to reveal everything about themselves right of the bat. On the other hand, there are also lies that people tell you and may come back to hurt you; many people lie about being married, lie about their age, about their criminal records, and more.
By performing a dating background check, you can find out the truth about the people you want to go out with and choose whether to date them or not. With a quick online check, you will save yourself time, and avoid those who may hurt you with their lies.
How to Perform a Date Background Check?
The quickest and most efficient way to perform a dating background check is to use a public records' search directory, like Instant CheckMate, WhitePage, GoLookUp, and more. These directories can provide you with public records search reports within minutes, so you can find out everything you need to know about the people you are about to date.
In most cases, you will be able to perform a date background check with a name-based search directory. In this type of check, entering the name of the person in question will provide you with a report about the person in question that includes the details mentioned above.
If you cannot find data with the name search engine, it could be because the person in question lied about their real name. In this case, you can use a reverse phone search, a reverse email lookup, or a reverse address search to find the public records' data about the person that you are looking for.
You can use any directory you want in case someone provided you with false information about themselves, so you can get to the bottom of the truth, and discover valuable information about potential romantic partners.