How to Obtain a Free Background Check in the State of Connecticut?
The importance of a background check
When a company wishes to recruit an employee, they would like to know all about the person who would be joining their team. They would like to know if the person is who he claims to be. When someone attends a job selection interview, he would claim things on his bio-data. Prior to selection, companies would like to verify all this. They would like to verify other important things like if the employee has a criminal background.
When an employee is selected for a finance job or work that involves dealing with money, the company would like to know his financial background, including his credit history. While recruiting school employees, school bus drivers, health care workers it is mandatory under the law to check their background. The background check is a complete check of the background of a person to know all about him.
What does a background check cover?
The complete background check of a potential employee would cover the complete information about him. This includes educational history, work history, credit history, driving history, criminal records like records of arrest and any conviction, medical history, drug records, and social media history. The background check would help in knowing all about a person.
Getting a background check done in Connecticut
Background checks in the state of Connecticut can be officially obtained from the Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection. https://portal.ct.gov/-/media/DESPP/files/dps-0846-c_criminal_history_record_request_form_rev_12-01-17.pdf?la=en is the webpage from which the request for a criminal check can be made.
The complete details of the person whose background needs to be checked have to be updated in the form. The details of the requester need to be filled. A fingerprint card has to be enclosed if a fingerprint criminal check is required. The criminal history record would be provided on submitting the request form.
This is not a free check and a basic check would need $36, while a criminal record check, including fingerprint check, can be done on payment of $75. The money should be paid by check or money order payable to the Treasurer State of CT and mailed with the request form to:
1111 Country Club Road
Middletown CT 06457-2389
How to do a free background check in Connecticut?
Background check done officially is not a free service. A fee needs to be paid for it. If you want to carry out a free background check, we will tell you how. One of the ways to do it is by visiting a third party website that offers free background checks. Other than this, there are other ways to find information online.
1) You can search for prison records from the Department of Corrections’ website. http://www.ctinmateinfo.state.ct.us/ is the link to find information about prison inmates.
2) You can find information on cases and convictions from the website of the courts. The State of Connecticut Judicial Branch has a website, where it is possible to lookup case records to find out details of the conviction. There are no charges for this, however, the information available is limited. https://www.jud.ct.gov/jud2.htm is the website from where court records can be searched online.
3) Records of accidents can be obtained from https://accidents.despp.ct.gov/
4) Driving history records can be obtained free from third party websites online.
5) Vital records like records of birth, death, marriages, and deaths can be obtained officially by paying a fee. They can be obtained for free from third party websites. Past records may be obtained from the archive.
6) Records of sex offenders can be accessed from the Sex offenders registry http://www.communitynotification.com/cap_office_disclaimer.php?office=54567
Perform a Connecticut Free Background Check with GoLookUp!