Best Infant Car Seat: How to Choose the Best Baby Car Seat!
You want to buy a car seat for your infant but are confused with all the options available in the market. There are light-weight car seats, convertible car seats and car seats for small cars. So how do you pick the car seat best suited to your infant? You do a little research.
Infant car seats are made for babies who are within 32-35 inches tall and weigh less than 35-40 pounds. They offer support to the child's developing head, neck and spinal cord and always face the car's rear.
Infant car seats score over convertible car seats despite serving more or less the same function as they provide a handle. You can use this handle to carry your child in and out of the car when he/she is fast asleep without disturbing them.
Criteria for choosing the best infant car seat
Certain considerations need to be kept in mind in order to determine the best infant car seat for you. Some of these are:
- Your infant car seat should be able to comfortably fit into your car. So choose one keeping your car size in mind.
- If you plan to transport this car seat often, choose an infant car seat that allows portability.
- Check online resources for infant car seat manufacturing brands and models which have been recalled from the market. You want your child to be as safe as possible.
- Children are messy. You would do good to buy yourself an infant car seat with a detachable cover, so you can clean it after your baby’s thrown up over it.
- A good infant car seat will have enough cushioning and headrest to keep your child comfortable for the duration of their car ride. You don’t want a screaming baby in your backseat.
Best infant car seats available in the market
- Chicco KeyFit 30 Magic – The Chicco KeyFit 30 Magic is probably the best overall infant car seat available in the market right now. It is safe and reliable and absolutely a breeze to install. It comes with a carrying handle to move your baby in and out of the car with ease. It can connect to most strollers and is designed with a comfortable zip-mesh panel. The removable all-weather boot ensures you can keep your infant car seat spick and span.
- Graco SnugRide 30 Click Connect Front Adjust car seat – The Graco SnugRide 30 Click Connect Front Adjust car seat is not only light on your pocket but also light on your arms. The Click Connect technology enables you to install it properly into your car. The Graco Connect infant car seat is a good choice for smaller babies.
- Doona Infant Car Seat – The Doona Infant Car Seat has wheels attached to it, so you can convert it into a stroller in a minute. It saves you the trouble of carrying an extra stroller along. If you’re a parent on the go, you’d love the Doona Infant Car Seat.
- Peg Perego Primo Variaggo – The Peg Perego Primo Variaggo car seat is made in Italy and has a feel of the premium fabric and quality. It enables base-free installation into the vehicle by way of a color-coded European belt path. The dual stage cushion system offered by the seat comfortably fits the smallest of babies and can be adjusted to, later on, accommodate larger babies too. It also boasts of a Side Impact Protection System to ensure your baby's safety.
Secure your infant on their car ride with these infant car seats specially designed keeping their needs in mind.