Can Alexa Play iTunes?
If you’ve got your hands on an Amazon Echo device with Alexa integration, you’re probably thinking of syncing it with your iTunes account to play your large collection of music. Regardless of whether you want to play the music you’ve purchased legally on iTunes or whether you’d like to stream music from your Apple Music subscription, Alexa can do it all.
Here’s how you can stream iTunes music with Alexa
If you’d like to sync your iTunes music to Alexa so that she can stream your entire library of music to an Echo device, you can do so using a Bluetooth connection. Different platforms may have slightly different procedures. However, following these general steps should get you going.
2. Next, ask Alexa to Connect to a new Bluetooth device.
3. From the device you’re streaming from, select the Echo option once it shows itself on the device list to connect to it.
4. Anything you play through your device will stream to Alexa. This includes your iTunes library. If you’d like to disconnect from your device, say, “Alexa, disconnect from my device.”
After you’ve set your device up, you can ask Alexa to play music through Bluetooth by saying, “Alexa, connect to my smartphone.”
Here’s how you can stream Apple Music with Alexa
If you’d like to stream music from Apple Music instead of iTunes, Alexa has you covered. Follow these steps to setup Apple Music to stream to your Echo device on your Android or iOS device.
- Begin by opening the Alexa app on your smartphone.
- Click on the Settings option and follow it up with Music.
- Next, click on the button Link New Service (+).
- Navigate to the service options and click on Apple Music. Continue by logging in with your Apple username and password. After entering your username and password, click on the Done button.
- Set Apple Music as the default streaming service by scrolling to the bottom of the Music settings menu in the Alexa app, clicking Default Services and then clicking on Apple Music.
- You’re done! You can now ask Alexa to play a song, artist, playlist, or album and she will pull it from your Apple Music Library.
Here’s how you can upload iTunes music to Amazon Music
If you’d like to upload your existing iTunes files to the Amazon Music cloud for easy playback, you can do so with Alexa. This method will only work if you’re a paid Amazon Music Storage customer.
- Download the Amazon Music app for Mac or PC.
- After the app has installed, open the application and log in using your Amazon username and password.
- Click on the My Music option. You can find this option at the top of your screen.
- Next, click on the Songs option. Follow up by clicking on the Offline filter which you can find in the sidebar on the right.
- Click on the button titled upload icon. After this, select which iTunes music you’d like to upload to Amazon Music.
- You’re done! You can now ask Alexa to play your favorite beats and she’ll pull the music from the Amazon Music cloud.
The Amazon Echo is an incredible device which is ahead of the competition because of impressive Alexa integration. Apple and Amazon have worked together to make sure that their music ecosystems aren’t isolated from each other. Sync your music with Alexa today to get the most out of your Amazon Echo device.
Learn more about the Alexa features that you will love!