Cheating Statistics in the State of Virginia
Cheating spouses and breakups that were not anticipated have become commoner than ever before and the state of Virginia is no different. A total of 675,968 people over the age of 15 that are living in Virginia are divorced and the number is really shocking. Marriage is a sacred bond but sometimes the circumstances are such that a divorce is the only way out. Read on to find out more about the scenario is Virginia.
Virginia Divorce Rates
According to the Virginia divorce statistics, the following has been observed -
- In the overall population of Virginia, 10.1% of people are divorced.
- In the total male population, 8.6 % of people are divorced.
- In the total female population, divorced people account for 11.5%.
Some of the top cities in Virginia in which the divorce rates are highest are mentioned below –
- Marion – With a population of 6033, the divorce rate is at 18.4%.
- Galax – Being an independent city, as of the census of 2010, the population stands at 6788 and the divorce rate at 17%.
- Vinton – This city has a divorce rate of 15% following Galax closely.
- Abingdon – Known for its historical importance, Abingdon has a divorce of 15.1%.
- Woodstock – This place lies in Shenandoah County and has a divorce rate of 14.8%.
- Bristol – It belongs to the Commonwealth of Virginia and the divorce rate is 14.4%.
Virginia Marriage Rate
According to the Virginia marriage statistics record of 2017, the marriage rate was at 6.8 per 1000 residents.
- In the overall population of Virginia, 50% of people are married.
- In the total male population, 52 % of people are married.
- In the total female population, married people account for 48.1%.
The marriage statistics as per race in the state of Virginia is given below –
- 62.1% of Asians are married
- 54.4% White non-Hispanic population is married
- 53.9% of the White population is married
- 51.8% of the Hawaiian population is married
- 47% of the Indian population is married
- 46.8% of the Hispanic population is married
- 35.9% of the people who are belonging to two or more races are married
- 34.1% of the Black population is married
- 46.4% of the people belonging to other races are married
Inter-Racial Marriage Statistics for the state of Virginia
In 1967, the percentage of inter-racial marriages was at 3% but after that, Virginia has seen steady growth in this respect from that day onwards. In 1980, that percentage was at 7% of the total number of newlyweds which was more than double what it was in 1980. In 2015, the Virginia inter-racial marriages were having a rate of 17% of the total number of newlyweds. In numbers, the years 2015 had witnessed a total of 670,000 newlyweds entering into married life with someone of completely different ethnicity.
- The statistics of inter-racial marriages between Blacks with someone of a different ethnicity was 5% in the year 1980 and in 2015, the rate more than tripled to 18%.
- The statistics of inter-racial marriages between Whites with someone of a different ethnicity doubled from 4% to 11% from the year 1980 to 2015.
Social Activity of Users in the State of Virginia
With a vast community of learners, there is no end to the Virginia social activity list that you can get involved in. Moreover, there are so many parks to take a stroll in and for those who love an adventurous ride, there are some of the most amazing amusement parks as well. You can also volunteer at some charity programs across the state.
Do you want to catch a cheater who has been using you for their own good? Then Virginia has an elaborate system of filing a divorce. If you are from Virginia catch a cheater with the help from the judiciary and the right lawyer.