Daniel Fells Celebrity Life
In American football, the tight end shortly referred to as TE is a hybrid position. The player in this position functions both as a wide receiver and offensive lineman.
Similar to offensive linemen, a player in TE position is generally lined up on the offensive line.
In this position, they are eligible to warrant the attention of a defense when they run pass patterns. When talking about the TE position, Daniel Fells is a popular player. His overall ranking as TE is 219 and his overall score is 84.
About Daniel Fells
When he was in his school life, Daniel Fells attended the Fullerton Union High School. Not just Football, he was an All-Freeway League Performer in baseball and basketball as well. In football, he became the team MVP.
Even, he got the AII-CIF honors in this sport. In his family, his brother Darren Fells is also an NFL Player. Darren presently plays for the Houston Texans as a TE.
When he was in his college, Fells joined as a Wide Receiver with the UC Davis. Then, one of his coaches recommended him to play tight end as a senior football player.
As a player of this team in 2003, Fells won the team's award as an outstanding sophomore. Then, the team redshirted him in the year 2001.
Fell’s Team Associations
Initially, Atlanta Falcons drafted Daniel Fells. Then, his association was with the St. Louis Rams. Thereafter, he was part of Denver Broncos followed by New England Patriots. At the end of his NFL career, he was with New York Giants. Here are some details concerning this:
- In 2006, the Atlanta Falcons signed Fells as an undrafted free agent.
- In October 2008, he signed with St. Louis Rams, a free agent contract. During this year, he played 12 games with a single start and caught 7 passes for 81 yards (0.07 km). In December in the same year, his team placed him in injured reserve. However, he was back with 21 catches after this. In 2010, he had reached his career-high when it comes to catches.
- In 2011, he signed a one-year contract with the Denver Broncos.
- In 2012, Fells signed a three-year deal with the New England Patriots. Then, the team released him in 2013.
- In 2014, the New York Giants signed fells on the 7th of January. In 2015, this team announced that Fells has an ankle injury. Then, doctors found that he had a staph infection. After he got a cortisone injection for his ankle injury, doctors identified this infection. Particularly, they found it as MRSA, which is resistant to many antibiotics used for treating staph infections.
Announcement of Retirement by Fells
Fells had six surgeries on his foot. His doctors thought of amputating his foot due to the fear of spreading of MRSA Infection. They thought whether the infection would have spread to the bone.
Even, they feared it would have reached his bloodstream. The reason is that both can be fatal to his life even with proper medical care.
Following this, Fells had a 104 degree F temperature when he arrived at the emergency room on the 2nd of October 2015.
So, his doctors moved him from the ICU to a private room. Then, he announced his retirement on the 26th of July 2016.
Background Check Daniel Fells with GoLookUp!