George Hill Celebrity Life
George Hill is an American professional basketball player hailing from Indianapolis, Indiana. He currently plays as a point guard for the Milwaukee Bucks (from 2018) of the National Basketball Association.
- George Hill was born on 4th May 1986 in Indianapolis to mother Tina Hill Woods.
- He was raised as an only child and attended Broad Ripple High School of Arts and Humanities. The school was closed in 2018.
- He excelled at basketball in school and was one of the top high school players in the state of Indiana. He was a part of the Magnificent Seven from Indianapolis with Greg Oden, Mike Conley Jr Josh McRoberts, Rodney Carney, Eric Gordon, and Courtney Lee.
Owing to a high average of about 36.2 points per game as a High School senior, Hill received scholarship offers from various universities. He chose to stay close to home and attended Indiana University- Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI). As a college freshman (2004-05) Hill played in 29 games averaging 10.7 points, 4.5 rebounds and 2.2 assists per game. He ranked third on the team in scoring, rebounding assists, steals, blocks shots and field goals. He was voted to the five-man- Mid Continent Conference All Newcomers Team.
In the sophomore year (2005-06), he was voted as the Most Outstanding Player of the team. He set an IUPUI single-game record by hitting all 10 of his field goals in a game versus UKMC and tied an IUPUI record by hitting all 11 free throw attempts in a State Ball game.
In his third year, he became a Redshirt due to a foot injury sustained in the second game of the season. He played only 5 games the entire year, lead the team in scoring in 3 games and scored in double digits 4 times. He returned the next year and set a school record of winning 26 games and leading his team to the Summit League Tournament Finals.
Hill put in his name eligible to be picked for the NBA 2008 draft and was selected as their 26th pick in the first draft by San Antonio Spurs. He made his debut on November 4th and played for the Spurs from 2008 to 2011 starting off as a man reserve to point guard.
Hill was traded to the Indiana Pacers on 23rd June 2011 during the NBA Draft and continued to play for them until the end of 2015-16 season. He missed 12 games owing to an ankle injury in January 2012 and thereafter sat out the first 28 games of the 2014-15 season due to his left knee injury. His best game was a win against Portland Trailblazers on February 7, 2014 scoring 37 points with 9 rebounds and 8 assists.
- Hill has social media handles on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
- He has a private Instagram account with a user name indianageorge3 with 208000 followers.
- His official twitter handle has a following of 243000.
- George Hill’s Facebook page has about 166000 followers and is a more personal record compared to his twitter handle.
- Hill married his longtime girlfriend Samantha Garcia on August 12, 2018, in San Antonio in Texas.
- Their son, Zayden Jackson was born on January 16, 2016, and they welcomed a baby girl on 4th July 2018.
- Hill was awarded the Summit League Player of the Year in 2008.