Sheldon Richardson Celebrity Life
He started studying at the College of the Sequoias in Visalia, California. Later, he took admission in the University of Missouri where he started playing football for the in-house team, The Tigers. During his college, he played at least for two years.
New York Jets
After starting his football career in college, he began his professional career with New York Jets, one of the leading NFL teams. He was signed by the team in the 2013 NFL Draft in the first round.
His college experience helped him a lot as he played in almost every game. Although his main position is defensive, but the team used him as a fullback in a couple of games.
In fact, he successfully managed to perform well as a fullback and recorded 2 touchdowns. Due to his excellent and consistent performances, he got an opportunity to play for the Pro Bowl, an all-star game of the NFL, IN 2014.
But, he suffered a major setback on 2nd July 2015, when he was banned by the NFL on the usage of marijuana. He was banned from the four games of the new season.
After having a successful season with New York Jets, he joined Seattle Seahawks on 1st September 2017. He was picked in the second round of the 2018 draft.
After playing for Seattle Seahawks, he joined the Minnesota Vikings. He signed a 1-year contract with the team on 16th March 2018. He was paid $8 million in guarantees and an extra $3 million in the bonus.
After playing for 3 major NFL teams, he joined yet another reputed NFL team, Cleveland Browns. He signed a 3-years contract with the team in the month of March 2019. He was given $39 million for signing the contract. Till now, he is playing for the team.
- His sun-sign is Sagittarius
- He was born to Michael Richardson and Zelda Richardson
- He was awarded the NFL’S Defensive Rookie of the Year in 2013.
- He started off his career as a footballer when he was in college. He started playing for the Jets under the coach, Rex Ryan.
- He was also recognized as a high school All-American by USA Today.
- During his senior season, he was also spotted by the recruit rating service Rivals.com. It rated him #1 defensive tackle and #4 best player overall.
- ESPN’s Mel Kiper’ ‘Big board also ranked him #16 spot.
- He was also fined $8,268 on 20th September 2014 for his involvement in the endzone fracas in the second week of the season against the Green Bay Packers.
He was also accompanied by two other men along with a boy of 12-year old. All were reported to have consumed marijuana.
Along with that, the police also found the loaded gun under the driver’s seat. However, due to the lack of potential evidence, he was not charged by the prosecutor. Also, carrying guns in Missouri is legal.
Once again on 26th January 2016, he got arrested for rash driving and resisting arrest. As a part of the punishment, he had to do community service for 100 hours and paid $1,050 as a penalty.
Background Check Sheldon Richardson with GoLookUp!