Delaware Child Custody Laws
Generally, when a married couple goes through a divorce case, they have to divide their marital property, assets, finances, and other things. During this period, they also have to face several frustrating, touching and hard time including dealing with issues of child custody. The family court of Delaware and other states always inspire parents to make an agreement for custody of a child considering the best interest of the child and according to the Delaware Child Custody Laws on their won.
Sometimes, parents are failed to make an agreement for their issues on child custody considering the circumstances, they appeal the family court to get help for making an agreement for this purpose. In Delaware, judges of the family court think about all aspects considering the Child Custody Laws in Delaware, make a perfect agreement of child custody to fulfill the best interest of the child.
Classification of child custody in Delaware
In case of child custody, the judges generally take the decision to keep both parents engaged within several important decision of their child’s life such as education, medical care, development of mental and emotional and so on. The family court awards child custody jointly to the parents to make the decision jointly for the benefits of the child. Joint custody for the child is classified in three ways according to the Child Custody Laws and these three ways are as follows.
- Joint Physical Custody: The court awards joint physical custody to the parents to pass their time by living with their child jointly.
- Joint Legal Custody: The court awards joint legal custody to both parents for having the right and authority to make the decision jointly for caring for their child.
- Both the Custody of Physical and Legal jointly: In case of this custody, both the parents take a decision for legal as well as physical custody of the child according to the Child Custody Law.
- Parents will have to design a parenting plan on their own considering the best interest of the child.
- The geographical locations of the parents are within a suitable distance so that they can follow the agreement joint custody.
- Parents will have to possess enough capability to communicate and decide efficiently when they take care jointly of their child.
- Presence of any kind of abusive manner of the parents in the past time.
- Parents will have to encourage the child to build a positive and good relationship with them.
Important factors to determine the child custody within the state of Delaware
When the judges of the family court take a decision for the child custody, they consider some factors which are related to the child’s education, medical care and development of physical and mental health. They also evaluate the parent’s ability to take care of the child considering some important factors to determine the child custody and these factors are as follows.
- The financial condition of each parent to fulfill the requirement of child education.
- The ability of each parent for good parenting including the relationship of the child with another partner, members within the family and the community.
- Each parent’s ability to take important decision involved the child’s education, health care and so on.
Modification of child custody agreement in Delaware
There are so many reasons for which the parents appeal to the family court for the modification of child custody agreement in Delaware and these reasons are as follows.
- Presence of significant changes within the circumstances considering the child benefit according to the Child Custody Law.
- Changes of the child’s requirement as he or she is growing up.