Glossary for Background Check & People Search Terms
Learn Background Check Terms and Definitions!
Reverse Image Search
Reverse Image Search is a search engine technology that makes use of content-based image retrieval (CBIR), also called query by image content (QBIC). CBIR or QBIC allows users to provide the system with an image, which will then provide search results related to that picture. In other words, Reverse Search Image is simply using an image in a search engine to look for the information you want, instead of using words or phrases.
This technology particularly comes in handy when users do not know the search terms which would yield correct or desired results. It cuts out the need to guess such terms and can easily provide the search results we desire.
Some common search engines that provide users with this technology are Google, TinEye, and Bing. Some websites or apps like Reddit and Pinterest also have a Reverse Image Search feature that users can make use of.
Uses of Reverse Image Search
There are multiple practical ways that you can make use of Reverse Image Search. Here are some of them.
- Locate the source information of almost any image
- Searching for duplicates or versions of the image with higher resolutions
- Find websites or pages where the image in question appears
- Making sure that copyright regulations are followed
- Find related information of the image
- Find information on unidentified or unlabeled objects/products
- Trace an image back to its original creator
- Debunk fake or edited images
How to do a Reverse Image Search
Since Google is the most widely used search engine, here are the various ways you can do a Reverse Image Search on it.
- Drag and drop images Go to images.google.com, and drag and drop an image either from your computer or the internet into the search box. This will yield all information related to the sample image.
- Copy and paste image URL If you have an image on the internet that you want more information on, right click on that image, and select “Copy image address”. Then, go to images.google.com, and click on the camera icon in the search box. Select “Paste image URL” and your results will show.
- Upload the image you want to search Go to images.google.com, click on the camera icon in the search box, select “Upload an image”. Then, choose the image you want to base your search on. You can see the desired results in no time.
- Install extensions and right click Another way to do Reverse Image Search faster and with ease is by installing extensions on your browser (Chrome or Firefox). Once you install these extensions, all you have to do is simply right click on an image on the internet you want to search.
- Arrest Records
- Background Check
- Criminal Records
- Sex Offenders
- Email Search
- Marriage Record
- Reverse Phone Lookup
- Unclaimed Money
- Social Search
- Speeding Ticket
- Companies Information
- Court Runner
- Credit Report
- Identity Protection
- Online Security Breach
- Property Information
- Web Cookies
- Civil Lawsuit
- Court Records
- Data Transmission
- Safe Browsing
- SSL Secured Websites
- Burden of Proof
- Secured Debt
- Speeding Tickets
- Undersecured Claim
- What is Embezzlement
- What is Larceny
- What is Proof of Claim
- Chapter 11
- Chapter 12
- Identity Theft
- Public Records
- Reverse Image Search
- Open Data