How to Apply for American Express Credit Card?
When you own a credit card, it can open many doors for procuring your personal finance. You can enjoy immense flexibility while spending even though you are not carrying cash with you. So, you are able to purchase now and pay at a later point in time. A credit card also helps you in managing your outgoings well and has access to emergency funds at all time.
Plus, owning a credit card is useful in building your credit score. You can use your credit card frequently and then opt for repaying the balance amount on a month-by-month basis so that your credit rating can improve. A good credit rating can also make it simpler for an owner to get larger personal loans or a mortgage.
For a majority of people, purchasing a house of their own is the highest expenses in their lives. Thus, it owning and using a credit card can be helpful in getting a more attractive mortgage deal, there is nothing like it. Last, but not least, when a person has a credit card, it can be an excellent means to enjoy a number of lifestyle perks. Reward points of American Express cards, for instance, can be redeemed for air miles, hotel stays, and many other advantages.
A credit card charges in the form of a monthly interest which is on the basis of APR or Annual Percentage Rate. Credit card companies also enable their users to repay their balances partially or in full every month. However, when payment is made partially, additional interest/charges are to be paid.
Importance of credit score
Did you know that your credit score is impacted by how you had used credit previously? A credit rating report has details of your complete credit history like earlier loans, credit cards, and charge cards.
Also, your credit score ascertains the rates of interest a credit card company will offer you while applying for your credit card. In case your credit history is good, there is a possibility of receiving benefits like higher credit spending levels and better rates of interest.
The application process of American Express credit card
It is simple to apply for an AmEx or American Express card. The approval procedure is fast irrespective of whether you apply over the phone, via mail, or online.
Applying over phone
- You can apply for an AmEx credit card by calling the number 1-800-223-2670 if you are living in the United States of America. A representative will ask questions to you about your exact card requirements and will also suggest regarding the card options. The phone lines of AmEx are open round the clock and 7 days a week.
- You should be ready to share any personal data requested by the phone representative.
- For some reasons, in case the decision for your card approval cannot be made instantly, it is possible to check your application status online although you had applied for the card over the phone.
- It is possible to submit the application for an American Express card online. In order to do this, you have to go to their official website. Click on “Get Started” and then chose the credit card you desire. Next, click on the “Apply Now” button so that you can fill the online application form.
- Also, you should keep some personal information ready. These include information about your employer, your SSN, housing status rent or own), your mailing address among others. Your estimated annual household income may be also needed. The process of approval will take only about a minute or so.