Ancestry Cancel Membership: How-To Guide
The ancestry.com is a pioneer in researching family history. From finding the geographical origin of ancestors to generating health paths of family members based on the DNA report patterns, it extended its services to the public.
It helps you to acquire the data required for your family tree by exploring the amazing life stories of each generation. You can also discover some interesting facts about your origin with the help of ancestry.com. They have more than 20 million records to trace your required data or facts. This can also guide to the places where you can collect more records and photos of your origin. You never know after knowing the mystery of your ancestral story you will tend to try out something that you wouldn’t have ever imagined.
The main packages available are:
- Ancestry – the standard subscription
- AncestryHealth – the health and wellness report
- AncestryDNA – locating DNA results
Ancestry unique service enables you to trace and understand your genealogy. It mainly helps you to know the records of your ancestors, where they were born, the life story of them and many more.
AncestryHealth helps you to learn about your genes and based on the data you can decide on various health decisions of your family members. This data gives an in-depth knowledge of the influence of DNA, that in turn helps you to plan the future Heath path. They have an interesting option to generate personalized health reports that can track the reports of generations.
AncestryDNA test helps to dig deep into the origins of your family. The regions where the ancestors lived and where your story started. It also gives you specific geographic regions where you belong. It also surprises you to know the details why your family moved from one place to another and a complete thorough walkthrough of your personality traits.
To cancel a subscription :
- Sign in to your account using login credentials
- Click username at the top right corner
- Select Your Account option
- Click Cancel Subscription
When a subscription is canceled, you would still have the access to the account in Ancestry.com. You can sign in to the account with your old login credentials as a Registered Guest.
To cancel any of the opted packages, follow the below instructions:
- Dial 1-800-958-9124
- Provide all the details you have given previously at the time of registration
To get the entire refund, you must cancel within seven days of the renewal date.
If you decide to cancel within 30 days of your order, then the following conditions may apply:
- Before you return the DNA sample – the refund will be the price of the package minus $25
- After you returned the DNA sample – the refund will be the price of the package minus $50
If you decide to cancel just AncestryDNA within 30 days of your order, then the following conditions may apply:
- Before you return the DNA sample – the refund will be the price of the package minus $25 and the standard subscription charges of Ancestry.com
- After you returned the DNA sample – the refund will be the price of the package minus $50 and the standard subscription charges of Ancestry.com
- Purchased DNA testing service separately – the refund will be the price of the package minus the cost of DNS testing service
If you cancel after 30 days of placing an order, you will not receive a refund.
If you are not eligible for a refund, you must retain access to the account until the expiry date of the subscription.
Ensure your cancellation request to reach the concerned department by end of business (5:00 p.m. Mountain Time). You can expect the refund deposited to the original mode of payment through which the purchase was made.