How to Delete YouTube Search History
YouTube, one of the most popular websites in the world, has 1.9 billion active users every month. Every day, over 30 million users visit the website - a testament to its tremendous success.
In 2005, Jawed Karim, Steve Che, and Chad Hurley decided to register YouTube as the name for their online video sharing platform. They had no idea that their idea would go on to become a multi-billion dollar business with tremendous amounts of profits.
They decided to go through with this idea, as it was challenging to find videos online. The first video to ever go on YouTube was San Diego Zoo’s elephants, which now have over 50 million views.
After Google acquired YouTube, it went to become one of the most influential sites in the history of the Internet. These days, you will find influencers promoting their merchandise, encouraging their followers to purchase what they have to offer. Every minute, users upload 300 hours worth of clips and view 5 billion videos every day.
It gave rise to stars such as PewDiePie, DanTDM, VanossGaming, and Dude Perfect, who make millions off their channels on YouTube. It gave a platform to Khan Academy, which provides top-notch, free education to all the users on YouTube, with more than 500 million views. The music industry benefits significantly from YouTube, as this platform allows new fans to discover artists.
Whether you are at home, office, stuck in traffic, or on the move, YouTube helps you kill time. You can watch hilarious clips of cats to users reviewing the latest video games, movies, and TV shows, to pretty much anything your mind can imagine. For instance, there is a channel called the Internet Historian, where the user goes through all the major things that took place online.
Clearing YouTube search history – Why should you do it?
Although this video sharing platform is great, there are times when you want to clear your search history. First of all, you don’t have to worry about your search history, as no other user can take a look at them.
Why does YouTube keep track of your search history? For starters, they use this information to find videos you may like and recommend them in your feed. By keeping you as long as possible on this platform, they make a profit.
Without search history, YouTube won’t be able to recommend any videos. At the same time, when you use the search function, there won’t be any suggestions, based on your search history.
How to clear your search history from YouTube website
- Enter youtube.com in your browser and log in to your account.
- On the left-hand side (below the YouTube icon), select History.
- After clicking on History, you will find “Search history” on the right of the website.
- Upon selecting this option, click on “Clear all search history.”
- The website will give you a small description of this option. Read what YouTube has to say, before selecting “Clear Search History.”
Android or iOS app
- Locate and open YouTube on your smartphone. Enter your login details to sign in to your YouTube account.
- On the top right corner, you will find a small icon with your profile picture. After tapping on this icon, you will get redirected to the account page.
- Select the settings icon and find “History and privacy.”
- Click on this option and you will find “Clear Search History.”
- The app will give you a description of what this option will do to your account.
- Go through the description before selecting “Clear Search History.”
You also have the option of removing individual searches from the search bar. If you have an Android device, you need to hold down on the search you want to remove. On iOS, you can swipe left on the individual search, and you can delete it permanently.