A Guide on how to How To Deactivate Snapchat
There is nothing cooler than taking a selfie wherever you want and posting it on social media for the likes and shares. The advantage of social networking sites is that you can share snaps, videos and anything interesting online without having to wait it out.
The Messaging App that Has Practically Everyone on It
Snapchat is a messaging app that provides users with sharing of videos and pictures. The advantage, once they are viewed the pictures disappear. The funniest part is that you can add filters, lenses and any other effects and share them. Unfortunately, as is the case with myriad apps today, people grow tired of them and want to deactivate them. Other reasons being that some apps are not necessary, too weird, takes up too much of space on the phone and what have you. That being said let us look at how to deactivate Snapchat. Once you deactivate Snapchat - you will not be able to connect with your circle. So think carefully before you go the whole nine yards. Here are the simplest ways to delete Snapchat permanently, which is the only way to deactivate the app.
- Go to a web browser, click on the website of snapchat.com and click on the community section at the foot of the page. If you have not been able to figure that out, keep on trying. Okay now that you probably have viewed that go to My Account and Security on the right of the options list and highlight the account information. Delete the account.
- The screen will flash information asking you if you would like to proceed. If so, follow the accounts for As a normal feature, as is with Facebook, WhatsApp, and others, you will have to key in your username and password. If you have forgotten the password, suggest that you get that in order before deleting the account.
- Enter the username and password and proceed with the continue button. That will take you on a fact-finding mission, and your account is deleted. You will not be able to view any information about you, your past details and such. If this is what you want, you can delete your account.
- When you deactivate Snapchat, there is no way to get back; it is out, de However, if you have reconsidered and wanted to reactivate the account, do it immediately, otherwise, your effort will be in vain. The normal question flashing on the screen will be whether you want to reactivate the account. Key in yes, with your username and password will be mailed to your registered mail address. The rest, as they say, is a breeze, you can continue using Snapchat if you want to reactivate of course!
- There comes a time in social media niceties, when chatting, waving, sharing, liking and high-fiving can get quite on your nerves. Many people prefer to unplug and get out of the waves of netiquette and back on the horse with face-to-face conversations. That being said, social media has immense advantages, it keeps the buzz afloat, but when you want to uncouple from this, deactivating accounts is the best bet.
Opt out and Stay out if You are Sure
Unfortunately, getting out of Snapchat can be a bummer for anyone who thrives on instant messaging and sharing of pictures and videos. But, if you got to do it, you just got to do it, and at the end of it all, there is no shame in disentangling yourself from social media. It has its pros and many more pros, you can go out and smell the roses, not be appreciative with a thumbs up to a picture of pretty, imagine you can high five someones, in real time.