Apple TV Remote App Guide
The Apple TV remote app is a great improvement from its predecessors that lets you control your Apple TV. It is a very convenient way of controlling your Apple TV. If your Siri remote is lying in some other corner, you do not need to worry about getting up and hunting for it. Simply use the remote app for all your needs. If you do not already have the remote app, you can download it for free in the App store.
However, you may want to take note that the app does not support volume control, gyroscope, or accelerometer. You may also not be able to use the keyboard features with some third-party apps.
Once you have downloaded and installed the app, you need to connect it to your Apple TV. Make sure your TV is on while you are connecting and the app will automatically find your TV. When you Apple T displays on your remote app screen, select it. Your remote will get connected to your TV.
Disclaimer: When downloading the remote app, you must go through their description box. It has a long list of devices and operating system requirements to use the app. Before downloading, make sure to check the list for your devices and operating systems.
How to use the Apple TV Remote App?
Even though the Remote App looks different from the Siri remote, it basically works in a similar way.
Here is how you can use the Remote App:
- Just like you would on a Siri remote, use the center of the screen as a trackpad to swipe and tap. This works in a similar way as the trackpad on a Siri remote.
- If you want to exit out of a screen, tap Menu.
- To go directly to the Home Screen, press and hold Menu.
- To pause or play content, tap Play/Pause in the lower right corner of the screen.
- To rewind or skip ahead while the content is playing, all you have to do is drag your finger across the screen to the left or right.
- You can tap on Now Playing on the remote app to access playback controls like song skip, shuffle, and repeat while the music is playing on your Apple TV.
- If you are in a text field, searching for something or entering a password, a keyboard will automatically appear on your screen. It is more convenient to use the on-screen keyboard instead of swipe-to-type.
- If you do not want the keyboard to show, you can simply tap Hide in the upper left corner of your screen.
- If you want to unhide/bring back the keyboard on your screen, tap the Keyboard icon in the upper left corner of the screen. This will bring back the keyboard.
Apple TV Remote App Features
Here are some of the features of the remote app:1. Enter text – type or dictate
If you feel the need to type, whether it is to search or to type a password, the keyboard will automatically pop open. You can type in or simply use the Microphone next to the text box and dictate your requirements.2. Siri to the rescue
If there is something you need help with, you can reach out to Siri through this app just like you can with the actual remote. Simply tap and hold the microphone button and fire away from your questions or give your commands.
When you are watching something or listening to something, you have the power to play, pause, skip or rewind.4. Sing along
Have you faced those situations wherein you loved a song so much, you wanted to sing along but did not know the lyrics? This app shall help you. All you have to do is tap Details when the song is playing. Swipe up on that screen and tap Show next to Lyrics.
These were only some of the many features of the Apple Remote App. Get it today to get an amazing viewing experience.
Learn How to Watch Amazon Prime on Apple TV