You have got a hot date all planned out and you have decided to watch a movie but you don’t know which one to pick. When choosing a movie for a date, especially a first date you need to make sure that it won’t be boring, be something you both like and something that would leave you both feeling good at the end. Unless you know for a fact that your date is into a specific genre of movies like thrillers or murder mysteries, then a comedy or a romantic comedy is the safest way to go.
Here is a list of ten of the best movies to watch when on a date:
1. Love Actually: This 2003 film has an all star cast and a number of storylines happening simultaneously. The way it all comes together in the end is sure to leave you feeling good.
2.The Wedding Singer: Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore at their best; this romantic comedy will no doubt have you and your date smiling by the time the heroes finally end up together.
3. When Harry met Sally: Dubbed one of the best date movies of all time this 1989 classic will have you laughing out loud.
4. Notting Hill: Hugh Grant’s gorgeous baby blue eyes are enough to make any girl swoon but the chemistry between him and Julia Roberts is enough to make anyone go “Awww!”
5. 10 Things I Hate About You: A high school romantic comedy that follows the lives and love interests of two sisters played by Julia Styles and Larissa Oleynik. Throw in Heath Ledger’s performance of I Love You Baby and Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s cute smile and you have a sure winner.
6. Wall-E: You have got to love the adorable romance that buds between Wall-E and Eva in this heartwarming animated classic film.
7. 500 Days of Summer: Joseph Gordon-Levitt once again this time paired up with New Girl’s Zooey Deschanel, in a sweet, somewhat heartbreaking romantic comedy but with a happy ending after all.
8. Pitch Perfect: The movie is funny and extremely entertaining with all the musical performances and stars the wonderfully talented Anna Kendrick and the hilarious Rebel Wilson; and excellent choice for date night.
9. Silver Lining Playbook: Starring the gorgeous duo of Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence, this 2012 movie has all the ingredients to keep you and your date glued to the screen.
10. Hitch: Will Smith plays a romance consultant who helps men get the woman they want. His own love story with the lovely Eve Mendes, with all its twists and turns makes for a load of laughs and a good feeling all around.