How to be Careful of Cell Phone Radiation
By infohub — Jan 28th, 2018
Studies have shown that electromagnetic radiation from cell phones can be potentially carcinogenic or cancer causing. We spend so much time on our phones that we should be aware of the risks and how to protect ourselves from them. Here are some ways you can prevent yourself and your family from being exposed to too much electromagnetic radiation (EMR).
1. Keep the phone away: Keep the phone away from your body when not in use. Especially when at home, have a dedicated place to keep the phone where it can be far from all family members.
2. Airplane mode: Put aside a few times a day when you can switch the phone to airplane mode or off altogether. If you’re worried about missing calls then pick a time or times when call volume is low or when you would rather not take calls any way. You can keep family and friends informed of this time when you can’t be reached.
3. Use a headset: Instead of having the phone pressed up against your ear while you talk use a wired, or a Bluetooth headset. Don’t keep wearing the Bluetooth headset for long periods of time either, take it off once you are done with your call.
4. Sleep away from your phone: If you don’t want to put your phone off or in airplane mode at bedtime then at least keep it as far away as possible. If you can keep it in another room altogether that would greatly reduce your exposure to EMR.
5. Use an EMF shield: Get yourself a phone case that has an electromagnetic field (EMF) shield. The shield is supposed to block the radiation from the phone reducing your exposure to the harmful rays.
6. Text instead of talk: Texting not only keeps the phone away from you head but also uses less power than talking. This is one way to reduce the amount of radiation given off by the phone.
7. Use speaker: Whenever possible and privacy permitting use the speaker phone to have your conversations. This is another way to keep the phone away from any vital organs while you are using it.
8. Tech detox: Our cell phones have become an integral part of our lives to an extent where we find it hard to be away from them even for a little while. But with a little training you could learn to switch off your phone for a whole day or even a weekend and enjoy the many benefits of taking time off from technology and reconnecting with your natural surroundings.