Today, we use the Internet on a daily basis – for social media, to look up news stories, for shopping, for banking, and so on. With such heavy and frequent use, our web browsers store a lot of information about us as well as our preferences.
However, some cookies, especially third-party cookies, may store information that could be extremely personal and sensitive. So, if you want to stay clear of being tracked or you do not want anyone else to see your browsing history, here is how to delete web history as well as how to delete cookies on the three most commonly used browsers.
On Google Chrome
For Chrome users, follow these steps to delete browsing history or cookies or both:
- Open Google Chrome.
- One the top right corner of the browser window, click on the three vertically aligned dots.
- Select “More tools” from the drop-down menu, and then click on “Clear browsing data”.
- You will have a pop-up window where you can select all data you want deleted. You also have the option of choosing how far back you want to go to delete data. Select accordingly and click on “Clear Browsing Data”.
On Mozilla Firefox
If you use Firefox as your browser, follow these steps to delete cookies and browsing history:
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- On the top right corner of the web browser, click on the main menu icon (three horizontal lines).
- From the drop-down menu, select “Options”, then go to “Privacy & Security”.
- Under “History”, click on “clear recent history”, and you can select the time range you want to clear, and by clicking on “details”, you can choose which data you would like removed.
On Apple’s Safari
If you use Safari to browse the Internet, follow these steps to remove cookies and browsing history:
- Open Safari.
- Go to the menu bar and click on “Safari”. Then choose “Reset Safari”.
- From the pop-up window that appears, you can choose which data you want to remove. To delete cookies and browsing history, select “Clear history” and “Remove all cookies”.
- Click “Reset” when you are done.
Well, now you no longer have to ask yourself, “How to delete my cookies?” or “How to delete my web history?”.