Oklahoma Inmate and Arrest Records Search
It is very important to know if someone is in jail for several reasons:
- Running a search on the sex offenders and other offenders in your locality can help to ensure your family’s safety if you’re planning to shift houses.
- You will get to know if someone who was arrested in the past is still incarcerated or has been released.
- Information about relatives whom you haven’t heard from in a long time can be checked by running an inmate search to determine if they have been convicted of any crimes.
Knowing how county jails, state prisons, and federal prisons differ is important to conduct an accurate search.
- County jails usually hold offenders who are awaiting their date of trial or sentencing hearing and only if their sentence period is less than 1 or 2 years.
- State prisons have inmates who are serving sentences of more than 1 or 2 years after having been found guilty of the crime.
- Offenders charged with federal crimes, who have been found guilty, are sent to federal prisons.
Searching for Oklahoma state prison inmates online
The Oklahoma Inmate Finder is an online tool managed by the Oklahoma Department of Corrections, and it is the official government website to get information pertaining to offenders. The records accessible provide information about offenders who have been sentenced to either a period of probation or imprisonment as per the Oklahoma Department of Corrections. The online tool is updated continuously to provide accurate information and ensure public safety.
To run a search, you need to enter the inmate’s first and last name, date of birth, or inmate number given by the Oklahoma Department of Corrections. It also includes an option for aliases and allows for wildcard searches, where you enter random name/initials, and get results for all records related to it, allowing for a more in-depth search if you are unaware of the inmate’s full name.
Results obtained may be detailed or may have some information missing relating to the projected date of release, or a more complete record of criminal history. More complete records can be obtained from the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation if requested. To check if an inmate has obtained Governor pardon, you’ll need to contact the Oklahoma Pardon and Parole Board.
Using third party sites
Apart from using the Oklahoma Inmate Finder of the Oklahoma Department of Corrections, you can use online third-party sites to access information about an inmate with details about their first and last name, state or federal prison location, and other information like gender, birth date, and race that can improve the accuracy of search results. Working with a third-party vendor who is reliable will give you accurate information and help you avoid getting scammed when running an inmate search.
How to find if someone is in jail via phone or fax
You can also approach the Oklahoma Department of Corrections directly to obtain inmate information. Contacting the local state police department, local congressman or the prosecutor in charge can help a victim know where their offender is at present and stay informed if their release is ordered. A phone call, fax communication, or even mail to the Oklahoma Department of Corrections on the following details will give you access to the information you need:
Oklahoma Department of Corrections
3400 N Martin Luther King Avenue
Oklahoma City, OK 73111-4298
Oklahoma Department of Corrections
P.O. Box 11400
Oklahoma City, OK 73136-0400
Perform an Oklahoma Inmate Search with GoLookUp!