Liberty University Online Review
Liberty University Background
Liberty University, though you may not have heard of it, has been around since 1971. It was founded by Rev. Jerry Falwell, in Lynchburg, Virginia, as a tiny college with a miniscule batch of 154 students. In 1976, it changed its name to Liberty Baptist College and was accredited with the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) in 1980. In 1985, it became a fully authorized university. That same year, it broke new ground with its distance-learning program, Liberty University Online. Set up as the Liberty University School of Lifelong Learning, it embraces holistic learning and supports students who require a good work-study balance.
Programs on offer at Liberty University
LU has 16 colleges, with more than 100,000 students and over 550 programs. More than 250 of these programs are accessible to students around the world. From its undergraduate to doctoral certification list, there is a course tailored for everyone. Students from over 86 countries form part of this distance learning. A few of their Graduate and Doctoral programs include in-house training as well.
- Tuition Fees - Liberty University or LU ranks in the bottom 30% of universities charging the lowest online fees. The fees are not exorbitant because it’s designed as a Non-Profit University.
- Discounts for Military personnel - Students may be eligible to apply for various federal and corporate assistance.
- Flexibility – Offers scholars the ability to study and sit for tests in their own time as it recognizes individual student needs.
- All round development – Theoretical, practical and research-based learning.
- Champions for Christ –Graduates develop an understanding of the Christian spirit and believe in service to others.
- Accreditations – SACSCOC and Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
- Excellent faculty – Many of whom teach in their brick and mortar establishments. Online scholars have accessibility to the same quality education as their study-on-campus counterparts.
- Proven educationists – Brining together management expertise of close to 35 years in distance learning.
- Ranked #3 – 2018 Best online college in Virginia – BestColleges
- Ranked #1 – 2017 Best online college in America – com
- Ranked #1 – 2017 Top 25 Online Christian Colleges & Universities - org
- Gold Level of Distinction and Ranked in the top 5 – Best online college – com – Schools of Distinction List
Resources and Aids at Liberty University
The online learning tool, Blackboard, assists students with their course material. The Writing Services and Online Writing Center grants scholars access to a plethora of online resources and learning aids. Assignments and tests are submitted and taken online. All online scholars have access to over 750,000 ebooks, published papers, articles, and journals. The Liberty University Online Library is accessible to students through the Jerry Falwell Library Research Portal. The Technical Support Services meet various needs, from the buying of hardware and software at the IT Market place to the purchase and sale of used books at Lubay,
Jobs after graduation
The university’s Career Centre helps position graduates onto the right career path. The aids offered by the Centre are - refining resumes, access to online career fairs as well as internships and externships. The LU Network connects graduates with some of the best companies in the world including KPMG, Google, Apple, and IBM. These graduates are some of the most sought after because of the values they assimilate during their time at LU.
LU Online alumni have a lot to say about how beneficial their time at university was. In surveys conducted, 75% of them are employed in jobs related to their field of study. An astounding 95% said that their overall experience was good. 95% also agreed that the faculty experience was positive. And, 90% state that they would recommend LU. Also, the accolades won by Liberty University Online to date, speak for themselves. What could give better credibility to a university than this?