Access: Mugshots and Arrest Records for State of Indiana!
Criminal Records, Background Checks, Court Records, Police Records & More!
First Name Jasmine
Last Name Szymanski
Arrest Record Statistics for Indiana
In 2016, the property crime rate in Indiana was 5.66% higher than the national average, and the violent crime rate in the state was 1.92% higher than the national average. In 2017 and 2018, violent crime rates and property crime rates in Indiana have decreased, and it is expected that they will continue to be lower and will continue to be so for 2019.
The crime rates in Indiana (violent crimes, property crimes, and total crimes) are as follows:
- Violent crimes – 399 crimes per every 100,000 residents (a total of 26,598 crimes)
- Property crimes – 2,417 crimes per every 100,000 residents (a total of 161,132 crimes)
- Total crimes – 2,816 crimes per every 100,000 residents (a total of 187,730 crimes)
The incarceration rate in Indiana are as follows:
- Adult incarceration and supervision rate – 3,150 people per every 100,000 adults (a total of 159,900 adults under legal supervision)
- The rate of people on parole and probation – 2,300 people per every 100,000 adults (a total of 116,700 adults under legal supervision)
- People in jail or in prison – 850 people per every 100,000 adults (a total of 43,200 adults under legal supervision)
Most Committed Crimes People Get Arrested for in Indiana
The state of Indiana has the 20th highest imprisonment in the country at 850 adults per every 100,000 people. While the violent crime rate in Indiana and the property crime rate in Indiana are expected to be lower in the next few years compared to the past two decades, they will remain higher than the national average. The most committed crimes people get arrested for in Indiana and the rate of this crimes in the state are as follows:
- Larceny theft - 122,931 crimes per year at a rate of 1,853.3 crimes for every 100,000 people in the state
- Burglary - 34,097 crimes per year at a rate of 514.0 crimes for every 100,000 people in the state
- Aggravated assault - 16,575 crimes per year at a rate of 249.9 crimes for every 100,000 people in the state
- Vehicle theft - 14,731 crimes per year at a rate of 222.1 crimes for every 100,000 people in the state
- Robbery – 7,330 crimes per year at a rate of 110.5 crimes for every 100,000 people in the state
The chances of falling victim to a violent crime in Indiana is 1 in 251, and the chances of falling victim to a property crime in the state of Indiana is 1 in 41.
Indiana Jail and Crime Statistics
Crime rate analysis for the state of Indiana has shown that that there is a mixed trend when it comes to the crime rates; the violent crime rate in Indiana has increased over the past two decades while the property crime rate in Indiana have decreased. As of 2018, the violent crime rate in Indiana is 382.3 crimes per every 100,000 people (a total of 25,581 violent crimes), and the property crime rate in Indiana is 2,179.3 crimes per every 100,000 people (a total of 145,838 violent crimes).
The most common violent crime in Indiana is aggravated assault with 16,834 reported crimes as of 2018. The most common property crime in Indiana is larceny-theft with 105,242 reported crimes as of 2018. The chances of falling victim to a violent crime in Indiana is 1 in 251 and the chances of falling victim to a property crime in Indiana is 1 in 41.
As of 2018, there are 162,000 people who are in the Indiana justice system. Those people are under legal supervision or incarcerated as follows:
- 26,000 people in state prisons
- 16,000 people in local jails
- 3,300 people in federal prisons
- 1,600 people in youth incarceration facilities
- 150 people in involuntary commitment facilities
- 107,000 people under probation
- 8,000 people out on parole
- Patrol Charges - (1) Felony Possession Of A Controlled Substance 1 Gram Methamphetamine (2) Felony Resisting Arrest (3) Felony Assault On Sp...
- Hold/warrant/other Agency
- Continuous Sex Abuse-Child
- #1 Probation Violation - Unknown
- #1 Dui - Excessive - In State
- #1 Petit Larceny - Less Than $200 Not From Person
- #1 Delivery Of Methamphetamine Or Cocaine
- #1 Hold For Warrants
- #1 Forgery, Simulation, Impersonation And Related Offenses
- #1 Probation Violation (For Felony Offense)
- #1 Obstruct Legal Process-Interfere W/peace Offi
- Larc - Retail Theft 300 More Dols Others Distract
Perform a Mugshot Lookup in Under 60 Seconds!
20 Celebrities that were in Jail
As much as they try to keep a clean slate, celebrities sometimes slip up. And when they do, the entire world pretty much learns about it. No one wants a criminal record, but even the rich and famous can sometimes fall victim to impaired judgment. Here’s a list of famous celebrities who have spent time in prison.
10 Dating Rules in Your 20's
Your 20s are perhaps the best time of your life. You’re young, probably employed and still have a lot of time to figure out what you want to do with your life. Now, while everything else in your life is fine and dandy, there is an area of your life that could prove to be trickier than the rest – dating and relationships.