How to Find Public Police Records in the State of Alaska?
Alaska police records are public records. These documents are as important to the general public as they are to the legal professionals and law enforcement agencies since they can be used to make important decisions. The information is made available on the websites of most police stations and is shared by those that are involved in enforcing and maintaining law and order in the state.
Police records contain a lot of significant information such as type of incident, the names, and addresses of the persons involved, date and place of the event occurrence and basic details of the police officer that handled the case.
Why do you need Police Records?
- You want to conduct a background check on your new dating partner.
- You are hiring someone for your home or company and want to ensure he is safe to employ.
- You are suspicious about the character of your new neighbor; you are eager to check his civil/criminal history.
- You are trying to reconnect with a lost relative.
- You want your own police report for personal reasons.
- You are an attorney and often want police records of individuals involved in cases. Police records reveal true facts relating to a person that help you determine charges.
How to obtain Police records in Alaska?
Police records in Alaska are maintained by the Department of Public Safety. If you want a copy of the record, you are required to complete and submit the request form (available with the department), either by walking in person or by mail to the Criminal Records and Identification Bureau. The search fee is $20 per copy and $5 for subsequent copies. You can pay through a money order or check.
Criminal Records and Identification Bureau
5700 East Tudor Rd.
Anchorage, AK 99507
To get quick and accurate results, provide information such as the name of the person on record, address and other relevant details.
There are 3 kinds of Police Records available in Alaska:
Subject: This report is available only to the subject or person on record. The report contains criminal charges and dispositions besides a sealed record.
Public for any reason: This is a kind of report that comprises current criminal charges and court convictions. It also includes sealed records.
Interested person: You can request this report if you are keen to know the background of any person. Criminal charges and dispositions are included however sealed records are not made available.
Police records contain actual facts and are completely trustworthy. If you want to obtain a police record of any person in the state of Alaska, you can either get in touch with the criminal records section as mentioned in the aforesaid paragraph or look online. Yes, police records are now available online in Alaska, making it even easier for the public to access them.
Alaska Police Records Online
Police records databases are updated and made available online. The private search firms have access to these databases and information can be retrieved with the help of powerful search engines. Checking police records online is also very simple in Alaska:
- Choose a genuine website that assures money refund in case your record cannot be found
- Register with your details and make the payment, that is usually very minimal
- Provide basic details of the person whose record you want
- The results will be sent to your email address within seconds
- Read the record in privacy and make a decision
It is always a good idea to check the background of a person before you get close to him/her, be it your potential employee, domestic help, coach, partner or love.
Find Alaska Public Police Records with GoLookUp!