Corpus Christi Police Departments Information
The Corpus Christi Police Departments is the organization that is responsible for law enforcement in the city of Corpus Christi, the seat of Nueces County in the state of Texas.
About the Department
The City of Corpus Christi Police Department has jurisdiction of a total area of 174.6 square miles. The department is responsible for law enforcement in the city that has a population of 326,554. It is the eighth-most populous city in Texas.
The Police Chief is the head of the Corpus Christi Police Department. The department works under the Corpus Christi city council. Chief Mike Markle is the head of the police.
The Corpus Christi Police Department Address is:
321 John Sartain Street
Corpus Christi TX 8401.
In case of emergencies, citizens can call 911. For non-emergencies, the phone number to call is (361) 886 2600.
The Corpus Christi Police Department Email address is not shared but the department can be connected with online through Facebook on https://www.facebook.com/citygov/
The Twitter page of the department is https://twitter.com/cityofcc
The Corpus Christi Police Department’s website is https://www.cctexas.com/police
The Chief of Police heads the Corpus Christi police department. The Executive Director of the Corpus Christi Police Foundation reports to the Chief. The following directly report to the Chief:
- Legal advisor
- Management Services Director
- Internal Affairs
- Accreditation and policy
- City Liaison
- Public Information Office
The city has three Assistant Chiefs who manage the three bureaus:
- Administration Bureau: The bureau has two Deputy Chiefs and has the following functions:
o Human Resources
o Metro Communication
o Animal Control
o Video tech
o Parking control
- Operations Bureau: This bureau handles all operational issues in the department. An Operations Deputy Chief helps the Assistant Chief. The following work under this bureau:
o XO Cpt
o Traffic section
o Patrol districts A, B, C, and D
o Neighborhood improvement team
o Gang unit
o K9 unit
o Traffic section
o Hit and run
o Crime reduction unit
o Bike unit
- Investigations Bureau handles all investigations in the city and has two Deputy Chiefs. The following areas come under this bureau:
o Property theft and Burglary
o Criminal Investigation Department
o DEA Taskforce
o Forensics unit
o Asset forfeiture
o Family violence
o Auto theft
o Special Investigations
Filing a Police Report
To report a crime, one can call 911 if the crime is in progress or if it is an emergency. For other crimes, reports can be filed by calling the police department. One can visit the department to file a report in person. There is no provision to report crimes online in Corpus Christi
Anonymous tips can be reported through the Crime stoppers website of Texas. One can submit tips to report crimes and other incidents and to help police solve crimes. https://www.cctexas.com/crimestoppers is the website to submit tips.
Becoming an officer in the Corpus Christi Police Department
The department invites the public to work as an officer in the department. As and when vacancies arise, notifications are posted on the website. Those interested in working with the department can visit https://www.cctexas.com/services/public-safety/become-police-officer for more information.
The process of recruitment and select in the department involve the following activities:
- Applicant questionnaire has to be filled in and submitted.
- The written test is conducted.
- The physical test is carried out.
- Those clearing both these tests will have a background check carried out.
- A polygraph exam is conducted.
- An oral interview panel conducts an interview. Only those securing 70% will be eligible for further rounds.
- Conditional offer letter.
- Final approval by Chief.