Garden Grove Police Department: Information, Website, Contact Information and More
The City of Garden Grove Police Department is located in Garden Grove, California. The mission of the Garden Grove Police Department is to improve the quality of life of the people in their community through increased safety and security. The Garden Grove Police provides law enforcement in tandem with other police stations, more specifically the Orange County and the Anaheim Police Departments. The Garden Grove Police Department offers a multitude of services for the community at large, including the following:
- Police Cadet Program: The Garden Grove Police Cadet Program gives young people the opportunity to become police apprentice, thus helping them become a full-time police officer. Duties in the program are specifically chosen to prepare the apprentices for a career as a full-time police officer while helping them learn the main aspects of law enforcement. In addition, the Police Cadet Program is also used as a basis to recruit people to the Garden Grove Police Department.
- Neighborhood Watch: The Neighborhood Watch program is one of the most common police programs in the United States of America, and is probably the most popular police program. Under the Neighborhood Watch, a group of people who are interested in keeping the crime rates down in their neighborhood patrol and watch over their streets every night. If they see any illegal activities taking place, or sense that something suspicious is afoot, they are to contact an assigned Beat Patrol officer immediately. The neighborhood watch program is not only beneficial in keeping crime under control, but also helps greater community participation and provides a greater appreciation for the work that police officers do on an everyday basis.
- Home and Commercial Security Inspections: Under this program, you can request for an officer to come to your home or your office, and inspect the security conditions of the building. The officer will conduct a thorough examination of the premises, from the inside as well as outside. In the end, the officer will tell you about the security risks that you have, if any, and what you can do to resolve the issues. The officer will suggest the most inexpensive ways of increasing security, ensuring that you are safe without burning a hole in your pocket.
- Operation Identification: This program is designed to protect your valuables in the event of a burglary or a natural disaster. You can go to the police department and ask for an engraver, which will be free of cost. You can then engrave your personal belongings and valuables with the engraver. Thus, in the event of a burglary or a natural disaster, you can easily identify which belongings are yours, and save a lot of hassle for yourself and others.
- Police Explorer: The Police Explorer Program is geared towards teenagers and young adults, who have an interest in joining the police force and would like to volunteer with the Garden Grove Police. People who sign up for this program are taught basic police education, such as traffic control, radio codes, first aid, police procedures, military drills, and other techniques. Police Explorer is used in events where there are huge crowds, for example at music festivals and parades. They also work as a reserve pool for the police officers in the case of an emergency, such as searching for missing children or assisting in natural disaster scenarios.
Garden Grove Police Department Address
11301 Acacia Pkwy, Garden Grove 92840, California
Garden Grove Police Department Phone Number
For any emergencies, please contact 911. For any non - emergency related issue, contact the Garden Grove Police at (714) 741- 5704
Garden Grove Police Department Website
Garden Grove Department Email