Rancho Cucamonga Police Departments Information
The Rancho Cucamonga Police Departments is the agency handling law enforcement activities in the city of Rancho Cucamonga, located in San Bernardino County, in the state of California. The department has a contractual arrangement with the San Bernardino County Sheriff operations.
About the Department
The City of Rancho Cucamonga Police Department has jurisdiction of a total area of 39.99 square miles. The department is responsible for law enforcement in the city that has a population of 177,751. It is 37 miles away from Los Angeles.
The Police Chief is overall in charge of the Rancho Cucamonga Police Department. The department works under the Rancho Cucamonga city council, which is headed by the Mayor. Chief Tony Onodera is the head of the police.
The Rancho Cucamonga Police Department Address of the headquarters is:
10510 Civic Center Drive
Rancho Cucamonga CA 91730.
In case of emergencies, citizens should immediately dial 911. For any non-emergency citizens can contact the department on (909) 941 1488.
The Rancho Cucamonga Police Department Email address is RCPD@CityofRC.us
The Rancho Cucamonga Police Department’s website is https://www.cityofrc.us/public-safety/police
Joining the Police
The San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Academy is responsible for recruiting and training of police officers for the Rancho Cucamonga police department. The Sheriff’s academy hires deputies, analysts, and scientists who can help in law enforcement, patrol, investigations, and other related functions. Those interested in being a part of law enforcement in the city can visit http://www.sheriffsjobs.com/ for more details.
The San Bernardino County recruits civilian staff to work in the Sheriff’s office, which manages the police in the city. The procedure for application and other details are available from the website http://www.sbcounty.gov/main/working.asp
Reporting Crimes and Incidents
The ideal way to report a crime or incident is by calling the police on the given phone numbers. One can even visit police headquarters or the substation to report a crime in person. The department does not have a provision for online reporting or reporting crimes through email. All crimes and incidents have to be reported in person or by calling the police. In case of emergencies, 911 can be called to get help from the police so that the crime can be reported.
The department focuses on crime prevention to ensure that crimes do not occur. For this, they have a number of programs and initiatives. They work with the local community to ensure that suspicious activities are reported and monitored to prevent crimes. Ensuring a safe city is the objective of the crime prevention programs of the city police.
Some of the programs that the police offer are:
- School tours and meet a deputy to ensure safety at schools.
- Business security surveys for the safety of business organizations.
- Robbery prevention training offered for individuals as well as organizations, where tips on preventing robberies are provided for participants.
- Business watch program where police officers keep a watch in case of any suspected criminal activities.
- Proactive programs are conducted to prevent incidents like:
o Identity theft
o Dating and relationship violence
o Violence in workplaces
- Child safety in vehicles.
- Awareness about strangers and preventing child abductions.
- We Tip initiative where the public is encouraged to provide tips to solve crimes and to report suspicious activities. This can be done online by visiting http://www.wetip.com
- Neighborhood watch program where members of the neighborhood work with each other to monitor suspicious activities and to prevent crimes.
- Safe Kids program to ensure the safety of kids.
- Program for handling issues related to missing children and exploited children.
- Offender watch program, where a registered offender list is maintained and the department keeps a watch over them.