Sunnyvale Police Departments Information
The Sunnyvale Police Departments is a part of the Sunnyvale Public Safety department, which is responsible for law enforcement in the city of Sunnyvale city located in Santa Clara county of California state.
About the Sunnyvale Police Department
The City of Sunnyvale Police Department is responsible for law enforcement in Sunnyvale city. The jurisdiction of the department is spread over 21.98 square miles and ensures law and order in a city with a population of 153,185. The city is the seventh most populous one in the Bay area of San Francisco.
The Sunnyvale Police Department is a part of the Public Safety department and is under the supervision of the city council. Sunnyvale Police department is headed by Director of the Department of Public Safety. Chief Phan S Ngo is the present Director.
The Sunnyvale Police Department Address is:
700 All America Way,
Sunnyvale, CA 94086.
(408) 730 7100 is the phone number of the department for general information. For any emergency, 911 can be called.
The Sunnyvale Police Department Email address to contact the Administration office is email@example.com
The Sunnyvale Police Department’s website is https://sunnyvale.ca.gov/services/departments/dps.htm
Sunnyvale Police Department Organization
The Department of Public Safety is headed by the Chief who is in charge of the police and fire services departments. The following are the divisions reporting to the Chief:
Police Services division that is responsible for law enforcement and is headed by a Deputy Chief. Law enforcement and SWAT units come under this division. Animal Control, Traffic Safety, and Communications (handling dispatches) also come under this division.
Special Operations Division is headed by a Deputy Chief and handles Investigations, which takes care of all criminal investigations in the city. Community Safety includes crime prevention, education, and disaster planning and training. Neighborhood preservation that works to enforce residential, commercial and industrial property codes is also under Special operations. Administrative Services takes cares of recruitment and training. Strategic services division handles records and property related issues, including maintenance of evidence.
The Internal Affairs division handle complaints against department staff.
The Fire services division handles fire calls, emergency services, and fire prevention through inspections, education, and regulation.
Reporting a Crime
A crime can be reported by calling 911 in case of an emergency. All other crimes can be reported by telephone or by using the online reporting facility of the department. It is possible to report the following crimes online through the page https://sunnyvale.ca.gov/government/safety/services/reportcrime.htm
- Check related fraud
- Credit card/ Debit card fraud
- Harassment phone calls
- Identity theft
- Mail theft
- Lost property
- Theft and burglary
Crimes can also be reported by calling (408) 730 7110.
Sunnyvale Police Department Neighborhood Complaints
Complaints on public nuisance in neighborhoods can be reported online by using the link https://sunnyvale.dynamics365portals.us/neighborhood-complaints/ The following issues can be reported:
- Debris and Junk
- Abandoned shopping carts
- Running a home-based business without a license
- Damaged fences
- Excessive noise
- Smoking in public
- Burning trash
- Building structures without a permit
- Abandoned vehicles or improperly parked vehicles
- Excessive grass or weed on streets or public property
Sunnyvale Police Department Community Activities
The department connects with the local community to improve public safety. This is done through various activities like:
- The department invites volunteers to work in public safety and assist the police and fire officers in their work.
- Emergency preparedness classes are conducted to educate the public about disasters and other emergency situations, and being prepared to tackle such situations.
- An Explorer program is available for young people to learn about careers in public safety.
- The Citizen’s Academy offers a course for the public to help understand the work of the public safety department.
- Sunnyvale Challenge team conducts activities to wean youth away from gangs and drugs.