Arkansas Valley Correctional Facility Profile and Valuable Information
Located in Ordway Colorado is Arkansas Valley Correctional Facility, an all-male prison that was established in the year 1987 and has been continuously operating since then. The prison is operated by the Colorado Department of Corrections and has a total capacity of 1007 inmates. The inmates all belong to mixed categories i.e. they belong to minimum, medium and high-security levels respectively.
Arkansas Valley Correctional Facility Visiting Hours
Visitors for the Arkansas Valley Correctional Facility must fill out an application and get it approved before their visit to the facility. It is imperative for all visiting applications, both general and special visitation, to be approved beforehand. After their application is accepted, visitors must call the inmate that they are visiting to reserve a time slot.
All visitation appointment calls are processed between 9:00 am - 3:00 pm from Monday to Thursday. Emails are processed according to the order in which they are received and follow-up confirmation emails are sent from the facility. Email processing also takes place in the above mentioned days and timings.
Minors who are visiting the facility must be named in the application form that is to be submitted. Though their names are considered, minors are not counted in the total of 12 adult visitors that an inmate is allowed. Only one adult can be named and allowed entry per application form.
Arkansas Valley Correctional Facility visitation hours
- Friday: 12:30 pm to 3:30 pm
- Saturdays: 10:30 am to 3:30 pm
Note: For the first Saturday of each month, the visitation timings are from 12:30 pm to 3:30 pm
Sundays: 10:30 am to 3:30 pm
Those who are re-entry Pod Offenders are given special visitation time on Monday from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
Visitation hours for Protective Custody Offenders:
- Friday: 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
- First Saturday of each month: 9:am to 12:00 pm
https://golookup.com/inmate-search is the best website that will help you in locating an inmate within the facility.
Arkansas Valley Correctional Facility Dress Code
- Clothing that exposes back, stomach, cleavage, midriff, and/or underarms is prohibited.
- Jewelry consisting of a wedding ring set, a religious pendant, and medical alert badges are only allowed.
- Obscene clothing that has controversial messages, alcohol and drug designs, messages, etc are prohibited.
- Clip/comb hair extensions are not allowed. Hair accessories that are sober are allowed.
- Solid green or solid orange clothing is prohibited.
- Shoes are compulsory for everyone except for infants.
- All visitors are required to wear non-visible but appropriate undergarments.
- Ripped clothing and clothing that is transparent or sheer is prohibited.
- Saggy trousers are not allowed.
- Wrap-around clothing is not allowed.
- No hats, hooded garments or any other overcoat or jacket are allowed inside the facility except for those clothes that are worn for religious purposes.
- Any piece of clothing that is shorter than the knee while standing is prohibited.
- If a zipper or a button-up sweater is worn by visitors then it has to be worn at all times. There are guidelines to be followed for garments that are to be worn underneath the sweater for this particular policy.
Arkansas Valley Correctional Facility Inmates Programs
The Arkansas valley Correctional Facility believes that all inmates should better their lives during their stay at the institution. The institution offers several educational programs, vocational programs and treatment programs for inmates to help them improve on their knowledge, skill and for helping them in leading a normal life upon re-entry into society.
Some of the different programs that are offered to inmates include:
- Basic Adult Education
- Colorado Correctional Industries (web designing, furniture making, call centers, and DMV information)
Arkansas Valley Correctional Facility Contact Details
Address: Arkansas Valley Correctional Facility, 12750 Highway 96, Crowley, Colorado, 81034.
Phone Number: (719) 267-3520
Mailing Address: Inmate’s Name and ID Number, Arkansas Valley Correctional Facility, Post Office Box 1000, Crowley, Colorado, 81034.