Baskerville Correctional Center Profile and Valuable Information
Opened in the year 1962, the Baskerville Correctional Center is a multi-custody all-male prison. At any given time, this prison is said to hold about 482 inmates in total. Most of the inmates that reside within the facility are classified as Level 1 or Level 2. The level that is assigned to an inmate is dependent on the rime/ offense that they have committed.
The Baskerville Correctional Center has its own set of rules and regulations that all inmates staying within the prison need to adhere to. Those who are visiting the prison to meet an inmate are also required to read and follow the individual rules and regulations that are given to them.
All family members and friends of inmates that are incarcerated within the Baskerville Correctional Center are encouraged to make an effort in visiting their loved ones regularly. Visitation is seen to be a remedy for inmates to easily reintegrate themself with society upon their release.
Visitation at Baskerville Correctional Center happens on a rotational basis where an inmate’s first letter of their last name decides the time and day in which the visitation is to take place. It is important for all visitors to be familiar with the visitation schedule and to plan their visits accordingly beforehand.
Application Process for Visitation
- All visitors are required to fill out an application form that can either be found online or at the prison site before their visitation.
- It takes approximately 30 days for an application form to be processed for those who are visiting from the state of Virginia, while it takes approximately 90 days for those who are visiting from other states.
- At the time of the visit, all visitors are required to have the approved application form and should also be on an inmate’s visitation list to gain entry into the prison.
- An application form for visitation expires in 36 months. If your application is about to expire, then a newly updated application is supposed to be submitted before a month of the expiry date.
- The status of a visitor’s application process can be checked online. Visitors can also receive notification about their application status via email.
- Visitors should call the facility to know the status of their visitation, whether it is still scheduled or canceled.
- All visitors are required to carry a valid ID card at the time of the visit.
- Those who are 16 years and below are required to have a legal guardian accompanying them on the visit.
For those who wish to locate in inmate within the facility, they can log onto https://golookup.com/inmate-search and search for other details.
Baskerville Correctional Center Inmate Programs
Inmates within the Baskerville Correctional Center are encouraged to take part in several different programs that are provided by the facility. Educational and vocational programs are two of the main program categories that are provided for all inmates. Several facilities are provided to the inmates that are residing within the facility.
Basic adult education and GED courses are available for all inmates. This is primarily because most of the inmates that are incarcerated within the facility do not have a required level of education. This program also serves as a building block for inmates to further increase and build-up on their knowledge.
Within the facility, there are many vocational jobs that inmates can pursue, for example - kitchen and food servicing, custodial maintenance, services in the laundry, etc. These are all recreational jobs that help inmates to better themselves so that they can easily adjust to society upon release.
Apart from jobs, some of the amenities that are provided by the Baskerville Correctional Center include dental and medical treatment along with different types of health services.
Baskerville Correctional Center Contact Details
Address: Baskerville Correctional Center, 4150 Hayes Mill Road, Baskerville, VA 23915
Phone Number: (434)-447-3857
Mailing Address: Inmate’s Name & ID Number, Baskerville Correctional Center, 4150 Hayes Mill Road, Baskerville, VA 23915