Camp Hill State Prison Information
Opened in 1941, Camp Hill State Prison was first opened as a school for young offenders and juvenile prisoners. However, In 1975 it was ruled that Camp Hill State Prison was not the ideal place for young offenders to get reformed. Thus the prison changed its course and became a prison for male offenders.
(717) - 737- 4531
Number of Inmates
As of 2019, Camp Hill State Prison reported a current inmate population of 3,708 people. Thus is above the inmate capacity of the prison, which is capped at 3,335 people. Thus, currently, Camp Hill State Prison is operating at an overcrowding percentage of 89.9% above its operational capacity.
Camp Hill State Correctional Institution, Camp Hill, 2500 Lisburn Road, PA 17001.
General Mailing Address: Lisburn Road, Camp Hill, PA, 17001-8837, PO Box 8837
Inmate Mailing Address: Camp Hill State Correctional Institution, Camp Hill, PA 17001. PO Box- 200.
Be sure to include the name and the ID number of the inmate clearly.
Visiting hours at the Camp Hill State Prison occur weekly, and constitute of the following dates at times:
Monday- 8:15 am to 3:30 pm
Wednesday- 8:15 am to 3:30 pm
Thursday- 1:00 pm to 8:15 pm
Saturday- 8:15 am to 3:30 pm
Sunday- 8:15 am to 3:30 pm
The current superintendent of Camp Hill State Prison is Laurel Harry, who has held the position since 2012. She is the first woman to hold this position. In 2008, she was first transferred to Camp Hill State Prison as a classification and program manager, a position she held for 16 months. Previously, Laurel Harry held the role of a deputy superintendent for centralized services at Graterford.
Home to more than 1,000 people working in staff and managerial positions, Camp Hill State Prison has an efficient, well- oiled body which works tirelessly to ensure peace and security within its 3700 strong inmate population. The staff consists of trained guards and medical professionals, including army veterans, security guards, waiters, cooks, doctors and nurses. In addition to this, the inmates at Camp Hill State Prison have a tendency to get very rowdy and violent. Thus, keeping a strict hold on the situation at the prison is essential at all times, in order to prevent the outbreak of riots.
- Pre- Vocational Program.
- Learning how to work on basic machinery, including the heating systems of a moving part, and the ventilation and the cooling aspects of air conditioners.
- Training as a barber.
- Learning how to work in graphic arts.
- Preparation for a General Education Degree.
- Adult Basic Education Programs.
- "Money Smart" Programs.
- English as a Second Language.
- Education and Awareness Programs on the suffering of a victim after a crime.
- Special Education Programs, wherever needed.
- Education on setting up and running a business.
Other miscellaneous programs include various kinds of self-development and mental awareness classes, including the following:
- "Thinking For a Change" Programs.
- Intermediate Punishment by the State.
- Treatment for Sex Offenders.
- Batterer's Group, for culprits of Domestic Violence.
- Violence Prevention Programs.
- Stress Reduction Programs.
- Alcohol and Drugs Related Rehabilitation Programs.
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy.
- Parenting Programs.
- Parole Violators Group.
How to Find an Inmate in Camp Hill State Prison?
One of the best ways to find an inmate in Camp Hill State Prison is to search for them on getting Inmate. For this, the requester will only need the first name and the last name of the prisoner. This is free for all site and can be used by anyone.