Cape Vincent Correctional Facility Profile and Valuable Information
Located in New York’s Jefferson County, Cape Vincent Correctional Facility is a prison for housing adult males. The medium-security facility can house up to 882 inmates.
Cape Vincent Correctional Facility New York phone number
Cape Vincent Correctional Facility New York addressPhysical Address:
Cape Vincent Correctional Facility
36560 State Route 12E,
Cape Vincent, New York 13618-0599.
Inmate Mailing Address:
Inmate Name and ID Number,
Cape Vincent Correctional Facility
P.O. Box 599
Incarcerated prisoners can participate in vocational courses for custodial and building maintenance, masonry, horticulture, painting, and flooring. Other programs for inmates include substance and alcohol abuse treatment and programs for treatment and counseling.
The correctional facility also offers a college program, which enables prisoners to obtain a maximum of 30 credits via Jefferson Community College when they are in the prison. The facility also conducts a waste management program, which aims to save thousands of dollars by removal of waste. The inmates do that by composting specific items, as well as, recycling others.
Also, like other facilities, it offers a string of other programs for the inmates including:
- Family development programs
- Educational or vocational programs
- Anger management programs
- Substance abuse & anger treatment programs
- Treatment programs for sex offenders
- Religious programs
- Law library & library services
- Counseling & guidance services
- Volunteer programs and services
- Veterans services
- Transitional services programs
- Trauma programs
- Temporary release program
Cape Vincent Correctional Facility New York visiting hours
Friends or family members of the inmates can visit them from 7.30 am to 2.15 pm on Saturdays and Sundays. They should reach the correctional facility latest by 1.30 pm as the visitors’ processing ends by then. Inmates are permitted to meet a maximum of 4 visitors simultaneously.
Cape Vincent Correctional Facility New York mail and visitation rules
Visitors are prohibited to carry the following items while visiting the inmates in this correctional facility:
- Mobile phones/ video cameras/cameras/recording devices
- Tobacco or cigarettes
- Syringes, drugs, or other drug paraphernalia
- Chemicals/explosives/flammable liquids
- Weapons such as knives, guns, etc.
- Over the counter medicines-herbal or prescribed
- Non-transparent bags such as handbags, backpacks, briefcases, purses, wallets, etc.
- Alcohol-based and alcohol products
- Personal property such as keys apart from keys of reception center locker, personal identification, money
- Multimedia products such as DVDs, videos, CDs, films, and prohibited publications
- MP3 players, electronic games consoles, electronic storage devices, and iPods except when a Superintendent approves them
- Magnetic/magnet devices, weights, tools, tattooing materials
- Highlighters and point pens with a non-transparent casing, knitting needles
- Patches/colors/gang associated and identification clothing
- Glass containers or bottles, non-transparent lunch boxes, metal cutlery
- Any drink or food
- Aerosol-pressure spray container, incense, candles, matches, lighters
- Electronic items such as clippers, razors, and toothbrushes
All inmates should fill up the Visitor Registration form before submitting them to the authorities in Cape Vincent Correctional Facility. Only the approved visitors on this registration form can visit the inmate.
Also, approved visitors should produce a valid identification proof prior to visiting and should be at least 18-year-old. Minors will be only allowed to visit the inmates if they arrive with their legal guardians or parents. The facility requests the visitors to schedule their visits at least a day in advance so that trouble can be avoided while visiting their inmates. All visitors should reach the facility at least 15 minutes before.
Cape Vincent Correctional Facility New York inmate locator
To locate an inmate at Cape Vincent Correctional Facility, New York, go to https://golookup.com/inmate-search. Enter the details of the inmate in the online form and choose the state name as New York and click on search.