Dooly State Prison Information
Mainly used to house sex offenders, Dooly State Prison is a Medium Security Prison which is only for men who have been committed to a sexual crime. The main aim of the Dooly State Prison is to rehabilitate these men and teach them the error of their ways through worship and self-reflection.
Number of Inmates
As of 2018, the Dooly State Prison had an inmate population of 1,683 people. It can house up to 1702 inmates in a variety of dorm-like jails, including triple, double, and single bunk system. In addition to this, there is a separate housing facility for "incorrigible inmates" or violent prisoners.
1412 Plunkett Road
Unadilla, GA- 31091
1412 Plunkett Road, Unadilla, GA 31091, P.O. Box 750. To mail an inmate, be sure to add their name and ID number.
Visiting in the Dooly State Prison is limited to the weekends- Saturdays and Sundays, and the four calendar public holidays, including New Year's Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. Visiting hours begin at 9:00 am each time and continue on till 3:00 pm.
Since December 16, 2018, the warden of Dooly State Prison has been Aimee Smith. She began her career as a correctional officer at Wilcox State Police. Previously working as a warden at the Lee State Police, Smith has had a lot of experience in the field, working since 1995, and has also been a warden of security at the Pulaski State Prison.
There are 225 staff and management personnel in the Dooly State Prison, all specially trained to handle inmates who have committed violent crimes. These include cooks, guards, and medical professionals like nurses and doctors.
Institutional Programs include training and education of a variety of skills and skillsets so that an inmate can find jobs easily once they are released into society. Institutional Programs in the Dooly State Prison includes the following training opportunities:
- Catering and Food Services.
- Laundry service.
- Painting of a building.
- Working in a warehouse.
- Training on sanitation and cleanliness.
- Maintenance and Cultivation of Horticulture.
- General Maintenance Repair.
- Auto Repair and Mechanic work.
- Training in Electrical and Plumbing work.
- Training in Recycling and Garbage Collecting.
- A general clerk for a library or an educational facility.
Academic Programs are those training opportunities which help an inmate to complete their education and carve their own identity once they are rehabilitated into society. Academic programs in the Dooly State Prison include the following educational opportunities:
- A high school or a General Education Diploma.
- Remedial literacy opportunities.
- Basic Education for Adults.
Miscellaneous Programs in the Dooly State Prison include recreational opportunities and instances to help inmates or repeat offenders understand where they have gone wrong and to help treat them mentally, before completely letting them out in society. Rehabilitation and miscellaneous programs in the Dooly State Prison include the following:
- Sex Offender Psycho-Educational Programs.
- Group and individual counseling opportunities.
- Therapy for re- recognizing moral behaviors.
- Programs on family violence.
- Prevention programs to stop inmates from relapsing.
- "Thinking For A Change" Programs, where inmates are forced to reevaluate their crimes.
- Helping inmates rebuild and recover themselves.
- Building entry-level skills for inmates.
- Worship services for inmates of all religions.
How to Find an Inmate in Dooly State Prison?
In order to find an inmate in Dooly State Prison, an individual can search the 'Inmate Roster' with the first and last name of the individual, which is a list updated regularly. In addition, individuals can also use the 'Jail Tracker.'