Eastern Correctional Facility Profile and Valuable Information
The Eastern Correctional Facility is one of the oldest prison facilities of Napanoch, Ulster County in New York. It is a prison that is only meant for adult males who are kept there under maximum security. The maximum capacity of this prison at any given time is 1100 inmates. This facility is managed by the New York State Department of Corrections and Community Supervision.
The Eastern Correctional Facility of New York was opened in the year 1900 and was originally a prison for juvenile offenders. In the year 1906, juvenile prison inmates were replaced with adult prisoners and the reformation of all the offenders officially began. This facility became the first of the ‘Institutions for Defective Delinquents’ by the United States of America in the year 1921.
Eastern Correctional Facility Visiting Hours
Those who want to visit an inmate in the Eastern Correctional Facility are allowed to do so on weekdays from 9 am to 3:30 pm. Processing of applications for visitation stop at 3:00 pm sharp on these days. Weekend visit timings are from 9 am to 3 pm. The application processing time for the weekends stops at 2:30 pm sharp.
Inmates are allowed daily visits. If an offender receives two or more visits during a weekday then they are not allowed to have a weekend visit. A total of four individuals, including children, are allowed to visit an inmate at any given time.
https://golookup.com/inmate-search is the best website that will help you in locating an inmate within the facility.
Eastern Correctional Facility Visitation Rules
It is believed that visitation is the most important part of the healing process for inmates of the Eastern Correctional Facility. Therefore, all visitors need to keep in mind the following rules and regulations at the time of their visit to the facility:
- All visitors are required to contact their inmate to set up a date and time for visitation.
- Photo ID proof like driver’s license, passport, military ID, state-issued ID or any other approved ID is mandatory to be carried by all visitors.
- All visitors are required to sign a statement that says that they understand and will follow the rules and regulations that are followed within the facility.
- Minors are required to have a birth certificate with them at the time of their visit.
- All visitors will be checked by a metal detector upon their entry to the facility. Those who do not pass the detector, are not allowed entry.
- Visitors will also be searched by an Ion Scanner to detect drugs and explosives. Those who test positive for this on the first round are taken for the second round of testing. Visitors who tested positive for two consecutive rounds are not allowed within the facility for two consecutive days.
Eastern Correctional Facility Inmates Programs
The Easter Correctional Facility encourages all its inmates to take part in programs that are academic, recreational and skill-based. Inmates can choose from a variety of programs that are offered within the facility that will help them become better versions of themselves and which will help them to re-adjust within society easily.
This prison allows its incarcerated inmates to work in an on-site mattress manufacturing shop, a sign/silk shop, and a metal shop, giving them a chance to be a part of correctional industries. Other than these, the vocational skills that are taught within the facility include painting, culinary arts, welding, masonry, braille transcription, and building maintenance.
Inmates within the facility can also sign up for alcohol and substance abuse treatment. Special programs like youth assistance are also offered to inmates to help them with positive guidance and correction of bad behavior.
Eastern Correctional Facility Contact Details
Address: 30 Institution Road, Napanoch, New York 12458, United States of America
Phone Number: +1 845-647-7400
Mailing Address: Inmate’s Name and ID Number, Eastern NY Correctional Facility, Post Office Box 338, Naponach, New York 12458-0338