James River Correctional Center Profile and Valuable Information
Is your loved one held in the James River Correctional Center? If yes, here is the basic information that you will need as a visitor or to get in correspondence with the inmate.
James River Correctional Center history
Today, a part of the North Dakota Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, JRCC was opened in 1998. In fact, after the maximum-custody-level prison in Bismarck (1885), this was the first correctional institution that was built in North Dakota. From being a co-ed institution, post-2004, JRCC became a medium-security state prison exclusively for male offenders. Currently, it holds a total of 365 offenders.
The gym, music room, library as well as the recreation yard are accessible to the inmates of the facility. Individual addiction counselors, caseworkers, and psychologists are also available to them.
James River Correctional Center phone number
The direct contact number to the prison facility is +1 701-253-3660.
James River Correctional Center address
2521 Circle Dr, Jamestown, ND 58401, U.S
James River Correctional Center inmate programs
JRCC offers a wide range of programs for the incarcerated to participate in. Both educational opportunities and vocational training are provided. Some of the basic ones are as follows:
- ABE or Adult Basic Education Program
- GED Program
- Thinking for a Change
- Substance Abuse Treatment Program
- Incentive Program
- North Dakota Corrections Enterprise Industries (work assignments in laundry operation, metal shop, furniture factory, customer service call center, etc.)
In addition to that special classes for interviewing skills, college correspondence courses, financial management, and resume writing are also available to the inmates.
James River Correctional Center visiting hours
The visiting hours of the James River Correctional Center are as follows:
- Tuesday (6:30 p.m to 8:30 p.m)
- Thursday (for adults only, between 6:30 p.m to 8:30 p.m)
- Friday (6:30 p.m to 8:30 p.m)
- Weekends & Holidays (for adults only, in two sessions i.e. 8:30 a.m to 10:30 a.m & 10:30 a.m to 3:30 p.m.) On Saturdays, visits are allowed only for offenders whose last name starts with A-L. Similarly, on Sundays M through Z can be visited
Holidays include Good Friday, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve, Memorial Day, Veteran’s Day, Labor Day, President’s Day & Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
James River Correctional Center mail and visitation rules
Rules for sending a mail to an inmate:
- Incoming mails must have the sender’s last name and full address at the least and also the inmate’s full name and id number.
- Inmates can receive paperback books & magazines but, directly from the distributor or publisher.
- A maximum of 30 pictures can be mailed in a single envelope and non-personal correspondence must not include 10 pages/envelope. In both cases, more than 1 envelope can be mailed, each abiding by the said limit.
- Double layered cards or the ones with any kind of attachment like a spring or a sound device isn’t allowed.
- You can mail color pencils or markers. However, do not send paint/crayons.
- If any mail is rejected in the mailroom, the resident will have 7 days to receive the rejection notice issued by the facility. If not appealed for, post 30 days, the mail will be destroyed. The sender will also receive a rejection notice to appeal.
- You can visit the inmate, provided your name is present on the inmate’s approved visitor list. The list can include unlimited relatives, 2 clergy members & 8 friends.
- Visitors above 16 years of age have to go through the visitation application process and make it to the approved list. The same goes for cases when you’re accompanying minors.
- Visitors can enjoy 20 hours of total visitation period in a month.
- Carry a valid photo id proof (both adults and minor) or else you’ll be denied entry.
- Do not bring tobacco products, drugs, lighters or electronic devices into the facility. You’ll be allowed to come in only with petty cash for the vending machines and your car keys.
- All visitors are subjected to be searched and have to pass through a metal detector
- Both no contact and contact visits are scheduled.
- Contact the offender’s counselor if you need a special visit (only if a visitor has to travel a long distance to reach the institution)
- If you’re visiting with a toddler, make it a point to contact the facility to know about the policies regarding what you can carry inside the facility for the baby.
- Every prison maintains a standard dress code for visitors i.e. revealing, translucent or offensive clothes of any kind are strictly prohibited. Even if visitors wear clothes that resemble the inmates or the staff’s uniforms in any manner, they’ll be asked to leave.
- Refrain from wearing heavy jewelry and the clothing shouldn’t contain any metal piece.
- Conduct well throughout the visit. You must supervise the kids.
James River Correctional Center inmate search
Visit https://golookup.com/inmate-search to conduct an easy and quick inmate search and find out at which correctional facility they have been held in (within the U.S).