Missouri River Correctional Center Profile and Valuable Information
Missouri River Correctional Center functions under the North Dakota Department of Corrections & Rehabilitation. The mission of this department is to strengthen community, influence change and to transform lives. Shortly referred to as MRCC, the Missouri River Correctional Center is in Bismarck at North Dakota. The mission of MRCC is to offer a secure atmosphere for inmates to understand and practice the skills required to lead a decent life in the community.
History of MRCC:
Missouri River Correctional Center history is long. The reason is that the MRCC is functional from the 14th of December 1992. This has 191 beds and 13 dorms. The facility houses male inmates and they are under a minimum level of custody. A wide range of Missouri River Correctional Center inmate programs includes work release, personal wellness, religious, medical, employment, education, and treatments.
Visitation rules in MRCC:
According to the Missouri River Correctional Center mail and visitation rules, all visitors will have to complete a visitation application. They should make sure that their visit should be pre-approved. Also, their visit should be in place on the visitation list of the inmate before visiting. When they visit, all visitors will have to go through the search when they get into the correctional facility.
Once they apply to visit, the application will take around 7 to 14 days for approval. Once the department processes the applications, it is the responsibility of the inmate to keep their visitors informed about their application status. As security is given the utmost importance, visitors will not be notified about the denial or approval of their application over the phone.
The visitation application can be sent to the Missouri River Correctional Center address with the name of the inmate to PO Box 5521, Bismarck, MD 58506-5521. Even, they can fax the application 701-328-6640.
Things to follow when visiting the MRCC:
According to the Missouri River Correctional Center mail and visitation rules, visitors will have to follow certain rules:
- All visitors must carry a photo ID with them when they enter the facility for visitation. This rule does not apply to those under 16 years of age. However, individuals under 18 years cannot enter the facility unless they come with their legal guardians or parent.
- Visitors can bring car keys and a maximum of $10. They should bring this cash in single dollar bills and in quarters alone for using the vending machines in the visiting rooms. Visitors should bring all the money in clear plastic bags for easy processing.
- Visitors with infants and small kids can carry a small jar of baby food sealed, a couple of baby bottles, two diapers and a pacifier. They can also carry a small baby blanket and a Ziploc bag of baby wipes. Any baby formula they carry should be pre-mixed into liquid form. If they bring a formula in powder form, they cannot carry it inside the facility.
- Visitors cannot carry any other things other than those mentioned above. If they bring, they should leave them in their cars and should not carry them into the facility.
Missouri River Correctional Center Visiting Hours:
Missouri River Correctional Center visiting hours will be as follows:
- Fridays from 6 pm to 8 pm
- Saturdays from 8 am to 3 pm
- Sundays from 8 am to 3 pm
Visiting is not permitted on President’s Day, Martin Luther King Day and New Year’s Day. It is better to call the Missouri River Correctional Center phone number at (701) 328-9696.
Missouri River Correctional Center Inmate Search:
If you are not confident whether your inmate is in the Missouri River Correctional Center or not, you can use the Missouri River Correctional Center inmate locator offered by GoLookUp online.