North Carolina Correctional Institution for Women Profile and Valuable Information
The 'North Carolina Correctional Institute for Women' is situated in Raleigh, Wake County, North Carolina. It houses minimum, medium and close custody inmates and is built to house 1288 inmates, including the inmates on death row. It is a modern facility that offers medical, dental, alcohol and substance abuse treatment for its inmates and serves as an intake facility for women offenders who have committed felonies.
North Carolina Correctional Institute for Women History
The correctional institute began as a road camp for male inmates working on highway construction. Some women were temporarily housed there in 1933 and consequently the camp operated as a satellite camp of the Central Prison which housed the women inmates of the state. It became fully independent from the Central prison in 1938 and received the first female prison superintendent in the history of North Carolina, Mrs. Edna B Strickland.
'North Carolina Correctional Institute for Women' Phone Number - 919-733-4340
'North Carolina Correctional Institute for Women' Address - Physical address 1034 Bragg Street, Raleigh, NC 27610
'North Carolina Correctional Institute for Women' Inmate Programs
The inmates at the facility undergo several diagnostic tests to ascertain which of the many inmate programs they are best suited for. There are multiple programs which serve the requirements of the entire spectrum of inmates and they are -
- Dental Lab
- Job for Life (Reentry)
- Office Technology
- Job Start
- Alcohol / Chemical Dependency Program
- High School Equivalency Testing
- Mothers and their Children (MATCH)
- C. Travel and Tourism Information Call Centre
- Correction Enterprises license tag plant
North Carolina Correctional Institute for Women visiting hours
Visiting hours at the facility follow the schedule provided below
- Monday - 9 AM to 11 AM, 2.15 PM to 4.15 PM
- Tuesday - 8 AM to 11 AM, 2.15 PM to 4.15 PM (Only control status and safekeeping visit to be conducted for the first hour)
- Wednesday - 9 AM to 11 AM, 2.15 PM to 4.15 PM
- Thursday - 9 AM to 11 AM, 2.15 PM to 4.15 PM
- Friday - 9 AM to 11 AM, 2.15 PM to 4.15 PM
- Saturday - 8 AM to 10 AM, 12 PM to 2 PM (Every other weekend)
- Sunday - 8 AM to 10 AM, 12 PM to 2 PM (Every other weekend)
North Carolina Correctional Institute for Women mail and visitation rules
Mailing rules have been changed since 3rd February 2020. From this date onwards, no mail will be entertained if sent directly to the correctional facility. If mail is sent directly, it will be returned to the sender. Mail will be screened by a third party vendor before being forwarded to the prison and the inmate. This is to prevent the influx of contraband which is harmful to the inmates and guards alike. This does not apply to authentic legal mail, which is still required to be sent directly to the facility without the need for screening by a third party vendor. Regular mail must be addressed in the following format to the address provided below -
Offender Name – Offender OPUS Number
North Carolina Correctional Institution for Women
P.O. Box 247
Phoenix, MD 21131
North Carolina Correctional Institution for Women Visitation rules that must be upheld are given below -
- No visitation without prior appointment and only at the scheduled time.
- Visitors limited to 3 adults OR 3 adults and up to 5 children
- Visitors must be pre-approved on the offender's list
- Appointments must be scheduled in advance and are given strictly on a first-come, first-serve basis. Call 919-508-1501 or 919-508-1502 Monday through Friday between 8 AM to 4 PM to schedule an appointment.
- No visits can be scheduled on holidays
- Visitors must present a valid photo ID upon arrival.
- Visitors above from the age of 16 will be subject to a pat/frisk search and a final electronic device aided search.
- Depending on the status of the offender, the visit may take place in contact or non - contact setting
North Carolina Correctional Institute for Women Inmate locator
The GoLookUp inmate search directory, which can be reached by clicking on the link provided, https://golookup.com/inmate-search, is the best and most effective way to search any inmates, criminal records and background checks.