Northern State Correctional Facility Profile and Valuable Information
Northern State Correctional Facility Vermont Address
2559 Glen Road, Newport, Vermont, United States
Northern State Correctional Facility History
Northern State Correctional Facility Inmate programs
The NSCF aims at encouraging the inmates to learn how to have a positive outlook and effect on the community. This is achieved through different inmate programs that teach them compassion, which helps them to understand cultures and support productive social awareness. NSCF does not discriminate based on race, religion, sexual orientation, disabilities, etc. It treats all inmates with the same respect.
The inmates have access to medical and dental services, psychiatric care and counseling, legal services, religious services and most importantly education and work opportunities to help their transition when they leave the facility.
There are also a number of recreational amenities like access to a gym and library. If the inmate has any complaints, there is a Grievance System in which he can write he complains of grievance form, after which a staff member will try to resolve the issue. The facility encourages good communication between the staff and the inmates and mutual respect between the two. The facility has zero-tolerance against sexual assault and any assault or threat of assault is encouraged to be reported.
NSCF Mail and Visiting Rules
Strict dress code is required to be followed by the visitors of the facility. the following rules must be followed by the visitor:
- Clothing items must not have any holes or tears and must not resemble any correctional officer uniform.
- Clothing must not be inappropriate in any way.
- Provocative clothing like low cut shirt/sweaters/ blouses, short dresses which do not cover the knees, see-through clothing, clothing with slits that are two inches or more above the knee are not allowed.
- Headbands, hooded jumpers, hats are not allowed.
- Metal hair ornaments are also not allowed in the facility.
- Children under the age of ten are allowed to wear short shorts, rompers, sleeveless shirts, etc.
The facility has a given set of rules for visiting, for both the visitor and the inmate. The set of rules include the following :
- The visitor must follow the proper dress code.
- The inmate and the visitor are not allowed to touch.
- Children are expected to behave in the visiting room.
- Only children below the age of eleven are allowed to sit on the inmate’s lap.
- The inmate is not allowed to enter the visiting room before the arrival of the visitor.
- Once the inmate has entered the room, he is not allowed to leave for bathroom breaks, phone calls, etc. If he does leave, will not be able to reenter the room.
- The inmate must remain seated at the table throughout the entire visit.
- The visitor will not be allowed to exchange any item unless he/she gets the permission of the Shift Supervisor. The visitor is not allowed to hand over any money to the inmate.
- Other prohibited items include weapons, alcoholic beverages, any sort of drugs, and other contraband.
- The visitors are not to leaves their children and pets, unattended in the vehicles.
- The visitors and inmates are expected to behave in an orderly manner when inside the visiting room. Yelling, fighting, and other forms of misbehavior are not allowed in the visiting room.
- Special visits will only be allowed under certain situations with the permission of the Security and Operations Supervisor.
Rules regarding Mail:
The facility encourages the inmates to stay in touch with their family, friends, lawyers. Only with proper contact with them can they get well adapted to the community once they leave the facility.
The NSCF has strict rules regarding the sending and receiving of mail to ensure the security of the facility.
These rules include:
- Sending and receiving of any contraband including drugs, money, money orders, etc. is prohibited.
- All mail received by the facility will be opened and check for contraband.
The mail sent and received by the inmate must include a return address.
The facility does not limit the number of mail sent and received by an inmate. the inmate is given postage for seven letters a week, after which he has to pay for the additional postage.
Northern State Correctional Facility visiting hours
Family and friends are allowed to visit on weekends only. The visiting schedule is set up alphabetically as follows:
Name Visiting Time
- A-D Saturday 0900-1100
- E-L Saturday 1300-1500
- M-R Sunday 0900-1100
- S-Z Sunday 1300-1500
Northern State Correction Facility Inmate Search
There has been a decrease in crime rates when compared with the last few years in the United States. On average, one in every two hundred Americans is in prison. The United States has more prisoners than China and North Korea.
GoLookUp Inmate search directory makes it easier to find information on any offender in the United States. The website has an unlimited search on all offenders, their criminal records, which facility they are serving in and even has information on their release date.
The GoLookUp directory database includes all information on offenders in any state of the country and makes it easier to locate any prisoner in the country.