Randall L. Williams Correctional Facility Profile and Valuable Information
Prisons or correctional facilities don’t work the same over all states in the U.S. So, it becomes a task, at times, to figure out the basic details of the prison where a family member or a friend has been detained. The following guide will help you navigate this Arkansas State Prison.
Randall L. Williams Correctional Facility history
In April 2008, the Jefferson County Jail (opened in 1990) was renamed as Williams Correctional Facility after being purchased by the ADC. The prison was named after Randall L. Williams who was a former Jefferson County circuit judge and a state representative for Drew County. The board of ADC had Williams as its chairperson from 1993-2000.
As of today, the facility covers 10-acre land & can hold a capacity of almost 550 inmates. It is used as an additional intake space. On being acquired by ADC, the special management barracks (prisoners with mental health and counseling needs) from Cummins Unit were moved to Williams.
Randall L. Williams Correctional Facility phone number
Randall L. Williams Correctional Facility address
The prison facility is located at the following physical address:
7206 (West) 7th Street
Pine Bluff, AR-71603, United States.
Randall L. Williams Correctional Facility inmate programs
- GED Program, in accordance with the Board of Corrections, requires all inmates without a GED or high school diploma to participate.
- Paws in Prison Program- Inmates can choose to become trainers of rescue dogs and increase their chances of adoption.
- WAGE Program ensures that inmates acquire the skills that are required to be successful in the workplace.
Juvenile Inmate Program, Think Legacy Program, Substance Abuse Treatment Program, and Regional Maintenance are some of the other programs.
Randall L. Williams Correctional Facility visiting hours
The Williams Correctional Facility visiting hours are only on Saturdays and Sundays between 11:30 am to 3:30 pm. However, please be sure to contact the inmate before visiting as alternate schedules are applicable on visitations which tend to change frequently.
Randall L. Williams Correctional Facility Visitation Rules:
- Request the mandatory Arkansas visiting application form from the inmate; fill out the application and mail it on the address provided on the form to become eligible for a visit.
- The authorities will conduct a background check & consequentially either approve or deny your visitation request. Stay in contact with your inmate to know whether you’ve been allowed or denied a visit.
- If it’s a 5 Saturday/Sunday month, visitors aren’t permitted on those days
- 4 visitors (including children) is allowed each inmate during a single visit
- Random drug tests may be conducted on visitors, with an Ion scanner. If the results are positive, the visitor’s vehicle can be searched.
- Always carry a valid photo id proof (mandate for 12-year-old’s & above). Birth certificates may be asked for visitors under 12.
- Things you can’t carry- cell phones, pagers, cameras, tobacco products, food or pocket knives into the prison facility.
- Camouflage attire or provocative clothing is strictly prohibited
- You may be allowed special visits, only with the warden’s approval (provided the visitor lives 300 miles away from the facility)
Randall L. Williams Correctional Facility Mailing rules:
- You can send letters, cards, and photos (no larger than 4”x6” and not Polaroid)
- Mails marked as ‘privileged’ can be opened & inspected by staff but, in the presence of the inmate.
- To write to an inmate, follow the following type for the mail:
Inmate Name, ADC Number
PO Box/ Street Address
City, State, zip code
- You can send Holiday or quarterly packages only via a 3rd part approved vendor like Union Supply Direct.
- If you want to send newspapers, magazines or books, it has to be done directly from the publisher (eg. Amazon.com).
Randall L. Williams Correctional Facility inmate locator
If you want to find an inmate and further information about the inmate in a U.S facility, visit- https://golookup.com/inmate-search.