St. Anthony Work Camp Profile and Valuable Information
St. Anthony Work Camp is located on the eastern side of Idaho in the town of St. Anthony. It is a minimum-security work camp aiming to provide vocational work opportunities to the inmates. The facility has the capacity for housing 246 low-risk community-custody male inmates.
St. Anthony Work Camp History
SWAC history goes as long back as 1870 when the federal government began building a sandstone prison with inmate labor for the Idaho Department of Correction. The sandstone prison housed inmates until December 1973 and closed due to the riots of the inmates over living conditions. The prison is now a museum. The department currently supervises offenders living in Idaho communities and helps them with education, treatment, and re-entry into society.
St. Anthony Work Camp Phone Number
SWAC phone number is +1 208-624-3775. St. Anthony Work Camp address is St. Anthony Work Camp, 125 N. 8th West, St. Anthony, ID 83445.
As the facility houses low-risk individuals, it aims to uplift them from their wrongdoings and help them attain a brighter future. St. Anthony Work Camp inmate programs help the inmates acquire excellent work habits and ethics during their term in the facility. The camp accomplishes this through several contracted and public service projects, providing the inmates with full-time paid employment. By providing the inmates with routine work, they can develop marketable work skills, which will prove to be indispensable once released from the facility.
St. Anthony Work Camp Inmate Programs
The inmate program will help the inmates meet immediate, as well as future financial needs. By enrolling the inmates into routine work, the institution aims to reconstruct them from their damaging past and help them develop a positive attitude towards life. This will help them attain a better physical, as well as mental well being.
SWAC visiting hours are on Saturdays and Sundays. The visitors are required to apply for visiting the inmates. Only once approved, the visitors can visit the inmates. The visitors need to enter the facility by 9.00 am for check-in. The visitors can meet the inmates in the time slots from 9.00 am to 2.00 pm. The visiting schedules are subjected to change based on emergencies.
The warden of SWAC can be contacted using the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
St. Anthony Work Camp mail for inmates must be in the following format:
Inmate Name, ID Number
St. Anthony Work Camp
125 N. 8th West
St. Anthony, ID 83445
The Center has a set of visitation rules to guarantee proper management of the facility. The SWAC visitation rules are as follows:
- Visitors must be approved before the visit. All prospective visitors must fill and apply for visiting.
- Visitors, 16 years and older, must produce Photo Identification. Visitors between the age of 16 and 18 years can use their student ID cards.
- Mobile phones and electronic devices are strictly prohibited
- Drinks and foods are not allowed from outside to the facility
- Visitors may not give or receive any items from an inmate
- Inmates are responsible for notifying the visitors of a change in visiting schedules or rules
- Visitors must follow a modest dress code
- Disrespectful, abusive, or threatening behavior inside the facility will result in the termination of visits.
- Visitors must refrain from bringing any form of tobacco
- Visitors can only visit the inmates they are approved to visit
To find an inmate in the facility or look up one's information, including criminal records, offender information, or release date, the St. Anthony Work Camp inmate locator is a useful web application. You can access the inmate locator by visiting the GoLookUp inmate search directory - https://golookup.com/inmate-search and get all information about an inmate. You can also access crucial information including, email records, unclaimed assets records, court records, and a lot more.