Sterling Correctional Facility Profile and Valuable Information
Sterling Correctional Facility is the largest prison within the systems of Colorado Department of Corrections. All death row inmates of Colorado are housed presently at Sterling. They will be taken to the Colorado State Penitentiary at the time of their execution. Presently, there are three death row inmates and they are Nathan Dunlap, Robert K. Ray, and Sir Mario Owens.
Sterling Correctional Facility history
The Sterling Correctional Facility is at Sterling city of Colorado. The standard of this facility is Level V. It can hold 2,500 inmates. Considering the level of custody, it houses the offenders and it also offers the inmates to join in a wide range of programs, vocational and educational classes. Sterling Correctional Facility history involves successful reintegration and rehabilitation of the inmate return into society.
For this purpose, the facility encourages inmates to join in different types of classes and programs to develop their skill sets and knowledge. The facility provides training for electronics and computer systems, welding, carpentry, food production, masonry, construction and handling of different equipment.
Sterling Correctional Facility Important Information
Sterling Correctional Facility phone number is (970) 521-5010.
Sterling Correctional Facility address is 12101 Hwy 61, City- Sterling, State- Colorado, 80751.
Sterling Correctional Facility visiting hours is an important factor if you want to visit an inmate. The day and time for visiting will be considered on the unit where your inmate has been housed. If you want to visit an inmate, you should make an advance phone call and the visit will be scheduled within a week.
- Visiting hours for West-Living Unit 1-4: Friday from 9:30 PM to 2:30 PM, Saturday and Sunday from 9:30 PM to 3:00 PM.
- Visiting hours for East-Living Units 21-36: Friday from 8:30 PM to 3 PM, Saturday and Sunday from 9:30 AM to 2:00 PM.
- Visiting hours for Restrictive Privilege Offenders: East Fridays from 8:30 AM to 3:00 PM. West Fridays from 9:30 AM to 2:30 PM.
- Visiting hours for Management Control Unit: Tuesdays at 9:30 AM or 10:30 AM without contact, Thursdays at 9:30 AM or 10:30 AM without contact and Fridays from 12:30 PM to 2:00 PM.
- Visiting hours for MCU or Protective Custody: Wednesdays at 9:30 AM or 10:30 AM without contact and Fridays from 8:30 AM to 10 AM.
Sterling Correctional Facility inmate programs
Sterling Correctional Facility inmate programs are followed for different purposes and these are:
- Adult basic education and GED
- Training for food production, knowledge of computer and electronics systems, carpentry, welding, construction, masonry, and so on
- Program for a change of thinking is required for all offenders related to Close Custody Unit
- Development of problems solving skills and positive interactions
Sterling Correctional Facility mail and visitation rules
The mailing address of inmate is Inmate Name, Inmate ID number, Sterling Correctional Facility, Post Box Number-6000, City-Sterling, State-Colorado, 80751. You will have to fill out an application for visiting an inmate. It will be good to make a phone call to ensure your visitation before visiting an inmate.
You have to maintain a dress code and other rules to avoid being refused to visit an inmate. At the time of visiting an inmate, you should carry a valid Government-issued ID. Some items are prohibited strictly at the time of visiting an inmate and these items are mobile phones, video cameras, recording devices, weapons, tobacco, cigarettes, explosives, chemical component, alcohol or alcohol-based products and so on.
Sterling Correctional Facility inmate locator
There are several links are available to provide the service of the Sterling Correctional inmate locator. You can choose GoLookUp which provides services for database search of inmates. The search results can provide you detail information about the inmates including arrest records as well as criminal records. They also help you to get information in real-time. They also provide unlimited access for search regarding different matters such as court records, background checks, unclaimed property records and so on.