Western Correctional Institution Profile and Valuable Information
The Western Correctional Institution is a prison with maximum security. It is located in Cumberland, Allegany County, Maryland at the address - 13800 McMullen Hwy SW, Cumberland, MD 21502, United States.
The Western Correctional Institue opened in 1996 and has the capacity to host about 1793 inmates at any given time. Currently, only male inmates are allowed.
The history of the Western Correctional Institution goes back to 1996 when it was first established. It is managed by the Maryland Department of Public Safety and Correctional Service which is a government agency that operates state prisons. It is located in Towson, Maryland and operates institution supervision headquarters at Reisterstown Road in northwest Baltimore.
The average sentence for inmates at this facility is 8.5 years. The phone numbers of the Western Correctional Institute is +1 301-729-7000, (301)-729-7000, (877)-286-3965.
The visitation hours of the Western Correctional Institute are -
- For general inmates - Fridays from 8.30 am to 11.30 am and 12.30 pm to 2.30 pm
- Protective custody inmates - Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 7 pm to 9 pm
- Disciplinary Segregation - Fridays from 8.30 am to 11.30 am and 12.30 pm to 2.30 pm
- Administration Segregation - Fridays from 8.30 am to 11.30 am and 12.30 pm to 2.30 pm and on Saturdays from 8.30 am to 2.30 pm.
The visitation rules of the Western Correctional Institute are -
- Visitations can only last a maximum of one hour each.
- Maximum visitors at a time can only be up to 5.
- Three of the five visitors can be children.
- The inmate can only have up to 15 visitors on their list at a time.
- For visitation, the visitors have to fill out an application and get it approved.
- The approval application can not be sent online. The application must be submitted physically or over the phone.
- The only people who can visit without being on the visitation list are the inmate's attorneys or business officials.
- While visiting the visitor must submit a Photo Id, driver's license, passport valid and issues by the state officials.
- Visitors under 18 can not visit alone. They must have a parent or a legal guardian accompanying them on the visit.
- The minors also require a birth certificate as an identity proof.
- Before the visit, the visitors are thoroughly searched and have to walk through a metal detector for security purposes.
- If suspicions are raised, any vehicle on the property may be searched.
For sending mail, the inmates must pay for the postage. The mail is opened and thoroughly searched for security purposes. Photos can be sent five at a time but must not include nudity, harmful weaponry or escape plans.
The inmate programs at the Western Correctional Institute include -
- Vocational activities
- cabinetmaking and millwork
- graphic arts/printing
- adult literacy programs
Inmates suffering from substance abuse are also provided guidance and rehab like facilities to aid their recovery. The inmates can also earn wages by working on constructing wooden furniture.
The inmate locator for the Western Correctional Institute is accessible through the GoLookUp inmate search directory. It is simple to access the website where you can easily find all the inmate records in just a few minutes. The website provides detailed inmate records that can be found by entering the name and the location of the inmate.
In addition to that, it also provides offender information, release date, which department of correction the sentence is being served at, and possible aliases used by the offender.
The website also helps you search the information in real-time and offers unlimited free of cost access to multiple background checks, court records, sex offender records, email records, and unclaimed assets records.