Delaware Birth Certificate: How to Get a Birth Certificate in Delaware?
It is useful to have a copy of the birth certificate for so many reasons, such as to get a driver’s license or while applying for your passport. A copy of your family member’s birth certificate may be also required to build a family tree. Delaware treats birth certificates as public records because every person born in the state enjoys the choice to get copies of their birth records.
Legal representatives and family members can also apply to get birth certificate copies for people born in the state of Delaware. When you are equipped with the right documentation and information, it is easy to get Delaware birth records fast and in a hassle-free manner. Check out the following sections if you are curious about how to get a birth certificate in Delaware.
- Prepare all your documentation, as well as, payment
- To order birth certificate Delaware i.e. a copy of it in person, it is imperative to ensure that proper documentation is ready before visit one of Vital Statistics’ offices. When the information is ready, it will make sure that there is no delay in obtaining your birth certificate.
- You have to complete an application form to get a certified copy of your birth certificate in Delaware.
- In case you wish to apply for your own birth record’s copy, it is imperative for you to furnish your valid photo ID’s copy. Some official photo ID examples include your military ID< a work ID, or your driver’s license.
- When you wish to apply for a copy of someone else’s birth certificate, you require identification, as well as other legal documentation.
- In case you are the legal guardian of that other person, a court order is needed when you are the legal representative or the authorized agent. When you are one of the family members and wish to procure the copy for genealogical purposes, you have to also produce some kind of evidence establishing your relationship with that person. When you wish to get a copy of the birth certificate of your child, evidence will be required.
- Fill up the application form
- Apart, from your documentation, an application has to be submitted for getting your Delaware birth certificate. After filling up the application form properly and correctly, you need to sign it too.
- Ensure that your payment is ready
- For every copy of the state of Delaware birth certificate, you have to pay a fee of 25 USD. The amount should be paid either by money order or by writing a personal check while filling your application. It is important to point out here that the Vital Statistics Office will not accept payments made through credit cards for any application. When you are unable to get a money order or a check, payment can be made via credit card through VitalChek’s services that are available by telephone and online.
Getting a birth certificate in Delaware in person
1. Ascertain where you should file the application
In Delaware, the Office of Vital Statistics has three different locations where your application can be filed for procuring your birth record in person. Find one, which is of them is nearest to you so that you can get the birth certificate very fast.
2. File the application at Vital Statistics’ local Office
After you have located the nearest office, visit with your documentation and the stipulated payment for filing your application.
3. Wait for the birth certificate’s copy
It may take some days to some weeks for getting a copy of the birth certificate applied by you. Contact the Office of Vital Statistics in case there are queries about the process.