How to Obtain a Marriage License in California?
If you think to marry in California, you will have to appeal for a marriage license. You will have to know "How to Obtain a Marriage License in California'. There are 58 counties in California which offer different types of public services. They issue a marriage license to make your marriage legal. You can appear personally to any County Clerk’s office to obtain a marriage license.
Otherwise, you can put an application online in any county, but you will have to collect your marriage license going to County Clerk’s office in California. You can save your time by comprehensive research on Marriage License Online, Marriage License Online Search is important for avoiding any confusion or making an appointment to collect your marriage license from County Clerk’s office.
General Facts to Obtain a Marriage License in California
Some general facts for the acquisition of marriage license in California are as follows.
- You can visit County Clerk’s office only weekdays as they close on weekend. They also not provide their services on public holidays. You should try to make an appointment before the closing time of the clerk’s office.
- If you are not resident of California, you are eligible to appeal for the acquisition of marriage license in California. The application is available for any couple who wish to marry within the state of California and stick to the state rule.
- Anyone can marry at a minimum age of 18 years or more.
- You can obtain a marriage license with the validity of 90 days immediately only in California. If you want to marry within the other states, you will have to wait.
- When you are leading life as a married couple, you can appeal for a confidential marriage license. It is available with some strict requirements.
- Only an army person put on duty overseas or on a battlefield, proxy marriage will be allowed in California. You can get detail information about requirements and presence of witnesses by contacting to County Clerk’s office.
- When your wedding ceremony will be completed, you must return your marriage license to the County Clerk’s office. After that, they will enlist it within Marriage Records and you will get an issued official copy of this.
Requirements for the Acquisition of a Marriage License
You and your fiancée will have to appear together personally at the office of County Clerk with the already applied form of the marriage license. You can make California Marriage License Online Search for making an appointment with the County Clerk.
Requirements for a regular or public marriage license in California are as follows.
- You and your fiancée will have to bring your current photo I.D such as passport, or driver’s license for the verification of identities. Sometimes, birth certificate copies are recommended to verify the identity.
- There is no requirement for a blood test.
- In case of presence of your past marriage, you will have to provide evidence of death, divorce or annulment.
- You will have to pay fees according to the county.
- You should the name which you will use after marriage.
- The couple can submit an application requesting to get a certified copy of their marriage after 7 days from the date of the wedding ceremony.
- You can make California Marriage License Search online for detail information of requirement.
Requirements for a Confidential Marriage License in California
You can obtain a confidential marriage license in all County Clerk’s office in California and requirements for a confidential marriage license in California are as follows.
- You can obtain a confidential marriage license when it will be listed within the category of the confidential marriage license. Otherwise, your marriage license will be within public records and anybody can view it by online search.
- You will have to make a wedding ceremony within the region of the county where you have applied for a marriage license.
- There is no requirement for witness or waiting period.
- Sometimes, the cost of a confidential marriage license is more than a public marriage license.
- It is valid for 90 days and it will be counted after the issuing date of the marriage license.
You can make California Marriage License Records Search online to get other information in detail.