Vital Records Indiana: This Is How You Can Find Indiana Vital Records for Free
There are two methods to obtain Indiana Vital Records – by means of ordering copies on payment of fees and by means of online search websites.
In order to obtain a copy of either a birth certificate, death certificate, marriage certificate, or divorce certificate, one would have to write to the Indiana State Department of Health located in Indianapolis. The fees to obtain such certified copies range between $8 - $12. Information on how to obtain these vital records is available on the Indiana State Department of Health website.
The second method of obtainment is by means of searching through online search websites. This is a free and easier method than the one previously mentioned although with some restrictions and one obvious drawback being the certification of the record.
The below-mentioned websites are just a few of the many websites that can provide vital records:Persopo:
This user-friendly site goes through available proprietary data, property records, county records, state court records, federal court records, and social networks to provide you with a report containing the necessary information desired. One can look for criminal, arrest and police records; or look up sex offenders’ information, or do a basic background check, and so on.PrivateRecords:
From thousands of sources, this website searches over 12 billion public records. A report from this website can include:Contact Information
Court and Arrest Records
Sex Offender Status
This website scours data from specialized sources to provide information such as contact details, civil judgments, police records, social profiles, and so on. Instant Checkmate allows individuals to perform background checks and get access to arrest records, criminal records, known aliases, addresses, and more.
There are many databases online that have indexes or fully digital images of marriage, death, and birth records. Some that are available for free –
- Indiana Death Index (1882 – 1920);
- Indiana Marriages (Full Records 1811 – 2007);
- Indiana Marriages (Index 1780 – 1992);
- Indiana Marriages (Index 1800 – 1850);
- Indiana Marriages (Index 1958 – 2013);
- Marriage License Public Lookup (Index 1993 – present)
Others require some form of subscription –
- Indiana Compiled Marriages (Index 1802 - 1892)
- Indiana Marriage Index (1800 – 1941)
- Indiana Marriage Certificates (Full Records 1958 – 2005)
- Indiana Marriages (Full Records 1810 – 2001)
- Indiana Deaths (Index 1882 – 1920)
- Indiana Death Certificates (Full Records 1899 – 2011)
- Indiana Births (Index 1882 – 1920)
- Indiana Birth Certificates (Full Records 1907 – 1940)
The Indiana State Department of Health also publishes reports on pregnancy terminations, deaths, births, and marriages, on an annual basis.
Terminated Pregnancy Reports: An in-depth report on the number of pregnancy terminations occurring in Indiana each year.
Death Reports: An in-depth report, also known as a Mortality report, on the number of deaths occurring in Indiana each year.
Birth Reports: An in-depth report, also known as a Natality report on the number of live births occurring in Indiana each year.
Marriage Reports: An in-depth report on the number of marriages occurring in Indiana each year.
Finding vital records in any state can be quite a hassle but knowing how to go about finding these records is the first step towards the obtainment of such records.
- Know what all records are available
- Know where to find these records
- Know what research tools are available
- Do plenty of research and cross-reference work
Search for Indiana Public Records with GoLookUp!