License Plate Search Review
Public Records for License Plates Lookup
A license plate number is a unique number that is given to each vehicle. The Department of Motor Vehicles in each state registers vehicles and allots them the license plate number. This license plate is displayed on the vehicles to identify the vehicle. The license number plate needs to be displayed on the front and rear of vehicles. The format of the number, logo, and color scheme vary from state to state.
The license plate is not just a number to identify the vehicle. It can tell you a lot about the owner of the vehicle also. You can do a search based on the vehicle license plate number. There are a number of websites that give you a variety of information when you use the search option on their website. Some information is given for free and others would be given on a paid basis by these websites. Depending on the type of information you want, you can use these options.
The basic information you can get when you do a license plate search includes:
- Registration details – vehicle type, make, model, year
- The market value of the vehicle
- The fuel efficiency of the vehicle
- Warranty related details of the vehicle
- Title history and brand history of the vehicle that will provide you details on whether the vehicle has been stolen in the past.
- The odometer reading
- The salvage history – this is important as it tells you details of any damage of the vehicle, or if the vehicle was wrecked.
- Details of an accident the vehicle was involved in
- Whether any damage was caused by factors like the flood
- The safety rating of the vehicle
- Details of warranty and any recall
The license plate search can thus help you find complete details about a vehicle. If you are planning to buy a vehicle then it would be very useful to do this search to get the complete history of the vehicle. You can go through this and decide whether you want to buy the vehicle or not.
These are the free details that you will get on websites. This is obtained from publicly available information. The information about a vehicle does not provide you details about the owner. However, most websites do a reverse search and can provide information about the owner also. This information is sourced from various databases and provided to users. However, this information would not be given for free and would be charged by the website owners.
The additional details that can be found out from a license plate search are:
- First and last name of the license plate owner
- Address of the vehicle owner and mobile phone number
- Previous address of the vehicle owner
- Criminal records of the vehicle owner
- Arrest records of the owner
- Civil records of the vehicle owner
- Property records of the vehicle owner
- Family history of the vehicle owner
- Court records of judgments involving the vehicle owner
- Military records
- Marriage records
- Bankruptcy records
- Voter records
All the above information is not publicly available. However, most websites have technology that helps them to search on the internet and on various databases to find the above information. This information would be useful if you are searching for details of a person. Because this information is not publicly available or has to be obtained by doing an extensive search on the internet, the websites that provide this information would charge for it.
Most such websites would have a premium membership, and one would need to pay to become a member and access this information. The vehicle plate number can be very useful to get a lot of information about a person.