Quicken Reviews Summary: Is Quicken Good for You?
Personal finance software and apps are some of the most popular budgeting tools these days, as they allow people with no professional financial background manage their money easily. Quicken is one of the oldest and most popular personal finance software, and it is available in a variety of versions for Mac and Windows users. Quicken reviews are a great way to help you find out if it is the right finance software for you, so let's dive in and see what quicken is all about.
How Quicken Works
The very first version of the Quicken tools was launched way back in 1993 when there were no mobile devices and no apps whatsoever. Quicken has evolved since, and nowadays in offers several packages for both Mac and Windows users, like Quicken Starter, Quicken Deluxe, Quicken Rental Property Manager, Quicken Home & Business, and Quicken for Mac.
To use Quicken, you need to purchase the package that suits you best, and then activate your membership. After the purchase, you need to create your personal Quicken ID or use the ID you already have. Once the sign-in is complete, your membership will be activated, and you will be able to use Quicken.
Now it's time to activate your Quicken membership. Simply enter your preferred setup definitions, and you are good to go. At this point, you will be able to choose whether you want to sync your Quicken account with your mobile phone or mobile phone application (select Use Mobile & Web and enter a file name, and select the correct files you want to sync).
Once the setup is complete, you can start using Quicken' finance management tools; to do so, you need to enter your accounts' names and the names of the institutions that handle your finances (like your bank). When you finish, quicken will connect to your bank and download your transactions. At the end of the download, quicken will provide you with a spending report that will help you keep track of your finances. For a complete report, list as many accounts (click "Add Account") as you can, and you will get income, taxes, and spending reports.
To add an account simply tell Quicken where you do your banking and investing. Quicken will then connect to your bank, download your transactions, and give you a spending report. Adding an account also gives you the ability to run reports on income, spending, taxes, and investment performance based on the transactions that you download.
After Quicken has all your financial data, it will help you set up a budget, pay your bills, keep track of your spending, and even advise you on when to invest your money. Aside from your PC Quicken, you can download an app to your phone and other mobile devices. This allows you to sync the data, and keep track of your finances on the go.
Quicken Unique Features
There are several apps and software these days that help people manage their finances, and Quicken has several common features with them. However, this handy tool also has several unique features that make Quicken reviews mostly positive:
- Locally stored data – the data in Quicken stays in Quicken, meaning it does not move up to the cloud. The fact that your financial data remains on your PC makes the software more secure compared to others.
- Full data history – you can check your current bank statement against recorded transactions, and view your spending.
- Tax reporting – Quicken allows you to generate tax reports you can then pass on to your accountant, or import tax services, like TurboTax.
- Retirement Planning – Quicken help users plan their retirement and get to their retirement saving goals.
- The Inspector – a unique feature that lets users view summary information about their budget. With the Inspector, you will be able to see if you are meeting your budgeting goals and if you are allocating enough money for upcoming expenses.
Is Quicken Secure?
When downloading and viewing financial data, security is highly important, and users have to be certain they are protected. To keep its users' information secure, Quicken uses several measures:
- Servers that are protected by Firewall
- Secure passwords set by users
- Encryption and Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology; this makes data unreadable if it gets into the wrong hands
- Constant integrity checks – check that help make sure that sender and recipient messages have not been altered in any way
As far as Quicken users go, they gave the tool a total score of 4.5 stars out of 5. According to some user opinions displayed on Quicken's website, the tool is " Quicken is great for home and small business accounts- Good reports", " For what I use Quicken for is simple. The only difference I can tell now Quicken 2019 is the looks and I prefer the looks of the old version. I don't track stocks or investments so I don't use everything available.", " I love Quicken I’ve been using it for over 20 years I own a company several rentals plus several bank accounts multiple loans and assets and it’s just so easy to have it all in one place it’s easy to use I can’t imagine using anything else".
And we agree; Quicken is easy to use, it's user-friendly, and it truly helps plan and stick to a budget. So, if you have little to no financial knowledge, or you want to handle your finances better, Quicken is a solid choice.