Marriage Tips That Will Help You Stop Fighting
It is common to see married couples have an argument or fight with each other. Fighting does not mean you have chosen a wrong person and end your relationship. Fights are unavoidable especially when you are in a long-term relationship like marriage. Husband and wife always fighting have several reasons and explanations regarding marital issues. Being content or satisfied in a relationship plays an important role in a couple’s life and ensures the longevity of the relationship.
Therefore, let us discuss the common reasons for an everyday fight between married couples.
- Attachment: We are closely knit with our loved ones. Attachment is developed by caring for each other, sharing house responsibilities, daily chores, etc. When two people show concern towards each other, apparently attachment develops and if not quarrels begin to set in. Therefore, attachment enables a relationship to feel more tenable, satiating and friendly and long-lasting.
- Approval: A relationship will nurture when you feel being accepted by your partner. When you are in a relationship you need to accept your partner with flaws. After all, no human being is perfect. Else, it will be difficult to deal with your partner. This kind of trait helps an individual in reviving his relationships during difficult times too.
- Affection: Many married couples fighting often complain about not being loved. In a relationship love and affection also plays a vital role. Your relationship will face huge problems in case you fail to show affection towards your partner. Being loved and liked brings positive feelings towards each other.
- Bickering over Chores: Couples fighting over daily chores like laundry, mopping, cleaning, cooking, etc. is very common. Your wife will make a huge fuss in case you fail to help her in the above chores. The solution to this problem is to divide the responsibilities to ease the disputes.
- Fight over Expenses: Married couples are at loggerheads when it comes to dealing with expenses. A shopaholic partner on one hand and a stingy partner on the other are the deadly combinations to begin a war of words.
- Parent’s v/s Partner: You are bound to share a special relationship with your parents. It is very common to see Husband and wife quarreling in regards to their respective parents. Your partner might dislike when you discuss personal details with your parents. Give ample time to your partner as well as your partner and balance the complicated relationships with ease.
- Sexual Intimacy: Lack of sexual intimacy also creates a rift among partners. Sexual intimacy gets individuals closer to each other physically and emotionally. But expecting your partner to be intimate on a daily basis is difficult. So you don’t feel the warmth when cuddling or holding hands become infrequent.
- Dishonesty: Human relations are based on trust. Marriage is an agreement where are bound to be honest. Concealing some facts from your partner might trigger a crack in your relations. Gaining each other’s trust matters a lot in a healthy relationship.
- Humiliation in Public: When you humiliate your partner in public it lowers his confidence. It happens when you want to prove your superiority over the other. You can save the day by requesting your partner to discuss such matters in private.
Tips to Save your Marriage
Relationships are very complicated. You definitely need some tips to save your marriage and make it last longer. Following are some of the marriage tips that will be helpful to revive your wedding vows:
- Recognize your Husband/wife’s needs well in advance. Make your partner feel special by helping in cooking, washing dishes, and making beds for kids, etc. Such a gesture makes an individual feel secure and close by.
- Sometimes your partner might feel down, so make sure you stand with her as a pillar. Extend your moral support. Ensure that you are always there to rely on whatever is the situation.
- Do plan for a surprise vacation or a candlelit dinner once in a while.
- Loud arguments and fights are not the solutions to every problem. Have a calm discussion with your partner regarding the problems and find a suitable solution. Sound communication is very essential for a peaceful relationship.
- Share your expenses and responsibilities. Dividing responsibilities ease the burden and save time.
- Support each other in every situation. Also, make efforts to save your relationship by taking necessary actions at the right time.