How to Reset Your Apple Watch
Is your Apple watch showing signs of battery drainage or is it operating slowly? It’s time to reset your watch! While there may be innumerable reasons for you to reset your Apple watch, like selling it to someone or just freeing up internal space, you have to follow certain steps.
Rebooting your Apple wrist wear is relatively easy, but this article will give you the exact procedure of rebooting it in lucid language. Before resetting the watch, always remember that you will be deleting all the data stored in it which includes messages, music, and settings. Although Apple gives you a backup, to be on the safe side, you can manually save the data yourself before resetting it.
Resetting your Apple watch through iPhone:
- The most simple way of doing it is resetting your watch through your iPhone.
- If you have got an iPhone, simply pair it with your watch.
- Hold the iPhone near your watch that you want to reset.
- Go to the Watch app on your iPhone
- Try to spot your watch as it will bear your name
- Press on it.
- As soon as you press it, the display will give way to the menu with an "i" highlighted in bright orange color next to the icon.
- Look for another menu with “Unpair Apple Watch” written in red below the menu.
- Tap on it.
- As soon as you tap on it, you will be given a cautionary message that all your data will be lost in the process.
- Simply go ahead and unpair it.
- You will be asked for your Apple ID password to continue the resetting process.
- The next step takes a few minutes as your Apple watch and iPhone will start to disconnect. The entire process consumes time depending on the amount of stored data.
- Keep a close eye on your watch in this process, or you can do some work or simply brew a cup of coffee if you like!
- After your apple watch has disconnected with your iPhone, your watch will have lost all its data.
- You have to set up a fresh account for your watch, or you can sell it without doing so.
Sometimes it may happen that your watch has not entirely reset even after getting disconnected. Don’t freak out! Follow these steps.
- Go to the Settings app on your watch. In case you can’t spot it, it is the grey cog icon.
- Head to General settings
- Press Reset
- Press Erase All Content and Settings
- If you have a cellular plan combo with your watch, you will be getting an option for keeping your plan or doing away with it.
- If you hit the Erase All tab, you will be deleting all your data
- That’s it. You have successfully reset your Apple watch to its factory settings.
How to reset your Apple watch’s Home Screen Layout?
If you are not very fond of the layout that you have set for the Home Screen on your Apple watch, you can simply return to its default layout through your iPhone. The steps are extremely simple.
- Open your iPhone
- Head to the Watch app
- Press the Watch app tab
- Select the Reset tab
- Press the Reset Home Screen Layout. You will be getting a warning that pressing the Reset Home Screen Layout will reset it to your factory defaults.
- Go ahead and confirm your decision by pressing Reset Home Screen Layout.
- That’s it! You have successfully achieved resetting your Home Screen Layout of your Apple watch.
Resetting your Apple Watch will give you a clean and brand new version of your watch which you can either use or sell to someone else. Following these easy steps will help you to reset it easily.