Unclaimed Money in the State of Michigan
Generally, when the property or money doesn’t have any recognized owner, it is called the unclaimed property or unclaimed money. In Michigan, you can find unclaimed money or property easily by using the official website of the Treasury Department of Michigan. The availability of database information and well-organized federal databases of unclaimed money or property according to the state are advantageous to find out the existence of your unclaimed property or money.
How to Claim Unclaimed Money in the State of Michigan?
The Treasury Department of Michigan has a huge amount of dollars as unclaimed cash or property which include unclaimed or lost possessions from un-cashed checks, dormant bank accounts, stock certificates, security deposits, and so on. In Michigan, the Treasury Department maintains the unclaimed cash or property and returns them to the real owners when they claim by following the right way. If you want to get your unclaimed money, you have to follow the steps below.
- To start your unclaimed money search, you will have to reach to the official website of the Treasury Department of Michigan and open the applicable page to search for your unclaimed cash. You have to place your first name or your company’s name for your identification. You can enter your full name for better refining procedure of checking the existence of your unclaimed property or money.
- If the result shows the exact matching your unclaimed property or cash and proves the existence of your unclaimed money, you can claim your unclaimed money. You have to select the button to get the list for all kinds of unclaimed funds from where you can choose the option for claiming your funds.
- After placement of your claim, you will have to file your claim by using a separate button for filing your claim.
Follow These Steps
Sometimes, you may think in the case of unclaimed property or money like any money owed to me and you can check database information of unclaimed property or money. You have to follow some important steps if you want to check the existence of your unclaimed property or money. These steps are stated below to check the existence of your unclaimed property or cash in Michigan.
- Check the existence of your unclaimed money within your present state: You can start the checking procedure for your unclaimed property or money by searching the available databases of unclaimed property or money within your present state provided by the Treasury Department of Michigan through their official website.
- Check the existence of your unclaimed money or property within the other states: You should check the available databases of unclaimed property or money of the other states if your previous residences were there or the headquarters of your previous employers are in other states or your close relatives live in other states.
- Check the existence of your unclaimed property or money at the federal level: The Department of Indian Revenue Service is one of the specific sources of federal level checking for lost and unclaimed money and property as this department maintains the income tax returns. You should check unclaimed savings bonds, pension benefits and the return money from mortgage property under the Federal Housing Administration.
Michigan Unclaimed Money
In Michigan, there are many reasons for which the money or property are considered as lost and unclaimed money and property. Sometimes, when a taxpayer changes his residential address without updating the address which he or she has given to the tax authority, the refund checks of tax becomes unclaimed and these are kept within the Government Unclaimed Funds. The sources of unclaimed funds are unidentified insurance claims, the uncollected interest of maturity or dividends, dormant accounts within the bank and so on.