Unclaimed Money in the State of New Hampshire
In New Hampshire, when the money or property is not identified or located by the rightful owner for a specific period of time, the money or property is considered as unclaimed money or property. The unclaimed or abandoned property division of the treasury department of New Hampshire maintains the unclaimed property or money and they take the responsibility to return the unclaimed cash or property to the lawful owner considering the verification of the identity of the person who claims for the unclaimed property or money in New Hampshire.
How to Claim Unclaimed Money in the State of New Hampshire?
When a person in New Hampshire thinks about unclaimed money or property like any money owed to me, he or she can claim his or her unclaimed money through the official website of Abandoned Property Division of New Hampshire. If you want to claim your lost or unclaimed money or property, you will have to search database information of unclaimed property or money provided by the Treasury Department of New Hampshire before filing your claim for unclaimed property or money. You need to follow the steps given below to check the existence of your unclaimed property or money.
- You have to select the official website of the Treasury Department of New Hampshire and you will open the applicable page of the Treasury Department of New Hampshire to get the database information of unclaimed property or money.
- You will enter your name or company’s name and essential documents to prove your identity to check the existence of your unclaimed cash or property. You will check the database information to ensure the existence of your unclaimed property or money.
- If the searching result shows the existence of your unclaimed property or money which has been kept within the Government unclaimed funds of New Hampshire, you will make a list for which you will claim to get your unclaimed money or property.
- After selecting the option to place your claim, you will click the button to get the form for filing your claim online.
- After the submission of your filing form including essential document to prove your identity, you will have to wait for the confirmation to get your lost and unclaimed money or property.
Follow These Steps
You will check the database information of unclaimed property or money to make your unclaimed money search. You should follow the steps below to check the existence of your unclaimed property.
- You should check the database information of unclaimed property or money provided by the Treasury department of New Hampshire when you are presently resident in New Hampshire.
- You also check the database information of unclaimed property or money within the other states if you were resident within those states in past or if you have any kind of business relationship with those states. You should include the name of other states if you have any gift checks, travel checks or financial insurance purchased from other states.
- You should search your unclaimed property or money at the Federal Level such as unclaimed cash of the tax return or unclaimed return money from the mortgage of a house under the Federal Housing Administration.
New Hampshire Unclaimed Money
In New Hampshire, the unclaimed or abandoned money or property includes the property or money which is considered as abandoned or lost when the owners of the property or money have no information about their unclaimed property or money or they forget about their financial accounts. Some examples of unclaimed property or money are unclaimed stock or bonds, gift certificates, refunds, dividends, unclaimed money order, insurance policy and dormant savings accounts and so on.